Cadbury's takes Crème Eggs to the Olympics
Cadbury's Crème Egg is launching an Olympic and Paralympic-themed ad campaign to support its sponsorship of the London 2012 Games.
Fallon has created a 30-second TV ad that features Crème Eggs in a mock Olympics opening ceremony. It will be one of five TV ads to launch over the course of the multimillion-pound campaign.
The Crème Eggs featured in the ads will release their goo in ‘The Goo Games’ to promote Cadbury’s tier-two London 2012 sponsorship.
The ads will include the Crème Eggs taking part in the hurdles, diving, hammer-throwing, javelin and velodrome events, all trying to release their goo in "the best way possible". The ad finale will be a closing ceremony that will air in the week beginning 2 April.
In addition, Crème Egg fans will also have the chance to battle it out against each other by taking part in their own 'Goo Games' on the brand's dedicated Facebook page. Prizes will be up for grabs each week, as fans take on the five different games available.
Sam Oliver and Shishir Patel were the executive creative directors on the campaign, working alongside art director Avril Furness. Miles Carter was the copywriter.
Jill McCall, brand manager at Cadbury's, said: "We're really excited about the launch of the 'Goo Games' as we believe it is a great way for fans to engage with Crème Egg Season and to be a part of the build-up to the London 2012 Games. This season is always great fun to be a part of and we hope that consumers will enjoy playing the games and celebrate the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games."
Follow Sara Kimberley on Twitter @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR for Brand Agency - FREELANCE Royds Raphael Day rate c£275-£300, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Branding Agency - FREELANCE Royds Raphael c£150-£170+ day rate depending on experience , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Strategist / Planner - FREELANCE Royds Raphael £350-£450 day rate, London (Central), London (Greater)
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - Brand Comms Agency Royds Raphael £35K-£50K+bonus+bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham