Webuyanycar.com voted 'most irritating ad'
Webuyanycar.com's musical ad campaign has been named the most irritating in the UK, in Marketing's annual poll.
According to the survey, conducted exclusively for Marketing by TNS, 49% of respondents found Webuyanycar.com’s ads – complete with the sonic motif "any ... any ... any" – was voted the most irritating ad of 2011.
The brand’s head of marketing, Paul Coulter, declined to speak to Marketing, but a spokeswoman defends the ad. "I don't think anyone could forget webuyanycar.com. Our ad using our infamous sonic brand trigger has helped us become the most recognised car buyer in the UK," she said.
It inherits the crown from two-time winner Gocompare.com, which topped last years ‘Irritating Ads’ poll with 59% of respondents citing it as the most irritating.
Jackpotjoy.com, with its campaign fronted by Barbara Windsor, finished in joint second place in the survey alongside price comparison website Confused.com. Meanwhile, Halifax’s campaign featuring staff singing in a choir was voted the fourth most irritating ad of the year.
To view the full list, view the this year's feature.
The survey was conducted by TNS from 1 to 5 December among 1027 adults aged 16-64.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum,