Webuyanycar.com voted 'most irritating ad'
Webuyanycar.com's musical ad campaign has been named the most irritating in the UK, in Marketing's annual poll.
According to the survey, conducted exclusively for Marketing by TNS, 49% of respondents found Webuyanycar.com’s ads – complete with the sonic motif "any ... any ... any" – was voted the most irritating ad of 2011.
The brand’s head of marketing, Paul Coulter, declined to speak to Marketing, but a spokeswoman defends the ad. "I don't think anyone could forget webuyanycar.com. Our ad using our infamous sonic brand trigger has helped us become the most recognised car buyer in the UK," she said.
It inherits the crown from two-time winner Gocompare.com, which topped last years ‘Irritating Ads’ poll with 59% of respondents citing it as the most irritating.
Jackpotjoy.com, with its campaign fronted by Barbara Windsor, finished in joint second place in the survey alongside price comparison website Confused.com. Meanwhile, Halifax’s campaign featuring staff singing in a choir was voted the fourth most irritating ad of the year.
To view the full list, view the this year's feature.
The survey was conducted by TNS from 1 to 5 December among 1027 adults aged 16-64.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Media Planner - Exciting Mix of Clients Lipton Fleming £25000 - £30000 per annum + excellent benefits package, London
- Business Development Manager Forster c. £40k + benefits, London Bridge Station, London (Greater)
- Affiliate Manager SAVVY Media Ltd £30-40K, London (Greater)
- PPC Account Manager SAVVY Media Ltd £30-40K, London (Greater)
- Biddable Media Executive SAVVY Media Ltd £22-28k, London (Greater)
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood