Schweppes hands £4m advertising account to Wieden+Kennedy
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 10 January 2012 09:34AM
Schweppes, the Coca-Cola-owned soft drinks and mixer brand, has handed its £4m advertising account to Wieden+Kennedy, following a split from Mother.
Schweppes contacted and briefed agencies in November last year and Wieden+Kennedy then pitched against Adam & Eve and WCRS for the account.
Coca-Cola said: "We can confirm we have appointed Wieden+Kennedy, an existing partner of the Coca-Cola Company, as our communications agency for Schweppes moving forward in the UK."
Coca-Cola said it was too soon to comment on the future brand strategy for Schweppes, but one source said the expected work would be a "big departure" for the brand.
The brand's last major ad campaign was launched by Mother in 2010, focusing on a suburban, middle-class family that reacted to chaotic situations in a casual way. The last ad used the strapline, "At the end of the day, there's always a Schweppes".
The Schweppes brand portfolio includes its range of mixers, lemonade, cordials and Abbey Well water.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Head of Product Management for Working Age Bupa Competitive + Bonus + Car + Benefits, Salford
- Digital Project manager, Digital Agency, £35K Source £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Freelance Creative Producer - Creative Agency's Source £200 - £300 per day, London
- Senior Project Manager - Digital Agency £50K Source £45000 - £53000 per annum, London