Schweppes hands £4m advertising account to Wieden+Kennedy
Schweppes, the Coca-Cola-owned soft drinks and mixer brand, has handed its £4m advertising account to Wieden+Kennedy, following a split from Mother.
Schweppes contacted and briefed agencies in November last year and Wieden+Kennedy then pitched against Adam & Eve and WCRS for the account.
Coca-Cola said: "We can confirm we have appointed Wieden+Kennedy, an existing partner of the Coca-Cola Company, as our communications agency for Schweppes moving forward in the UK."
Coca-Cola said it was too soon to comment on the future brand strategy for Schweppes, but one source said the expected work would be a "big departure" for the brand.
The brand's last major ad campaign was launched by Mother in 2010, focusing on a suburban, middle-class family that reacted to chaotic situations in a casual way. The last ad used the strapline, "At the end of the day, there's always a Schweppes".
The Schweppes brand portfolio includes its range of mixers, lemonade, cordials and Abbey Well water.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Strategist / Planner Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £50,000, London
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £45,000 - £60,000, London
- Planning Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £100,000, London
- Planner Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'