Schweppes hands £4m advertising account to Wieden+Kennedy
Schweppes, the Coca-Cola-owned soft drinks and mixer brand, has handed its £4m advertising account to Wieden+Kennedy, following a split from Mother.
Schweppes contacted and briefed agencies in November last year and Wieden+Kennedy then pitched against Adam & Eve and WCRS for the account.
Coca-Cola said: "We can confirm we have appointed Wieden+Kennedy, an existing partner of the Coca-Cola Company, as our communications agency for Schweppes moving forward in the UK."
Coca-Cola said it was too soon to comment on the future brand strategy for Schweppes, but one source said the expected work would be a "big departure" for the brand.
The brand's last major ad campaign was launched by Mother in 2010, focusing on a suburban, middle-class family that reacted to chaotic situations in a casual way. The last ad used the strapline, "At the end of the day, there's always a Schweppes".
The Schweppes brand portfolio includes its range of mixers, lemonade, cordials and Abbey Well water.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior CRM Planner Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £95,000, Central London
- Planner Direct Recruitment Up to 60k plus benefits, Central London
- Junior Recruitment Consultant, Insight Team Hasson Associates £Competitive , Central London
- UK Digital Lead Hasson Associates £70,000 - £83,000, Central London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Pitch update: Pre-Christmas round-up of RBS, BA and all the biggest pitches
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- Argos reviews £55 million ad account