Virgin Money undertakes Branson stunt as part of ad campaign
By John Reynolds, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 10 January 2012 09:25AM
Virgin Money is supporting the rebrand of its recently-acquired Northern Rock banks with a multi-media campaign, including a TV ad and a Richard-Branson stunt which celebrates 40-years of the Virgin brand, as it looks to kick-start consumer interest in the brand.
The launch of the ad campaign follows Virgin Money's high-profile acquisition of the government-owned Northern Rock.
The television advertising campaign, created by Beattie McGuiness Bungay (BMB), features an array of sister Virgin brands, such as airline, Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Trains, and Virgin Records.
The TV ad runs with the slogan, "we've come a long, long way over the last 40 years with the simple aim of making things better. And now our quest takes us into banking. Virgin Money, 40 years of better now in a bank."
Press ads, running in the national press, features a five-point list of why customers should choose Virgin Money, including claims that it put "customer service ahead of cost-cutting" and "By making a fair profit. Not an excessive one."
They continue, "We won't get there straightaway. But we won’t rest until we do. It's time for a better kind of bank. It’s time for Virgin Money."
The campaign, which also runs across outdoor and cinema, will feature a Richard-Branson stunt.
Today (10 January) a bespoke 3D projection inspired by the ad will feature on the side of Senate House library at the University of London.
The launch of the ad campaign coincides with the rebranding of the first Northern Rock store to Virgin Money. Virgin Money has pledged to rebrand all 75 Northern Rock stores by September this year.
Virgin Money has also made a pledge that it will offer current accounts next year- contradicting earlier reports that it would charge for its current accounts.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £30,000, Greater Manchester
- Communications Assistant AF Selection £16,000 - £20,000, Birmingham, West Midlands
- Digital Account Manager - Brand Accounts!! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits + Great Agency Culture, City of London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater), South East England
- Customer Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham