Warc predicts 3.1% growth for UK ad market
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 10 January 2012 10:00AM
Marketing intelligence service Warc has produced a consensus forecast of 3.1% for this year's growth in UK adspend.
The last consensus forecast from Warc in August predicted 4.5% growth. The consensus forecast is based on a weighted average of adspend predictions at current prices from ad agencies, media monitoring companies, analysts, Warc’s own team and other industry bodies.
Global growth is expected to be 5.4%, which is down from the 6.3% predicted in August.
China is predicted to be the fastest-growing market, up 14.7%, and Spain to be the worst performer with a 2% drop.
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Business Director Stopgap £60000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager/ Ad Ops Europe Aspire Mobile c£45,000 + bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Agency Sales Account Director - Mobile Location Advertising Aspire Mobile c£70,000 + 50% bonus , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Facebook IQ reveals marketing to millennials is flawed
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Guardian joins forces with Telegraph for media planning tool
- Sir Martin Sorrell labels Omnicom CFO exit 'bizarre'
- OMD lands Liberty Global pan-Euro media