MediaCom secures exclusive Blinkbox VoD ad inventory
By Lynsey Barber, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 11 January 2012 12:07PM
Ten MediaCom clients, including Audi, EA Games and Universal Music, are to run pre- and mid-roll ads on the Tesco-owned video-on-demand service Blinkbox, after the agency secured exclusive inventory.
The ads, mainly pre-roll, are attached to films and TV shows available on the service, which can be accessed through PCs, Macs, PS3 consoles, and LG and Samsung internet-connected TVs.
Blinkbox has three million monthly users and offers digital copies free to Tesco Clubcard customers who purchase films on DVD and Blu-Ray.
Graeme Hutcheson, futures and implementation associate director at MediaCom, said: "Developments in the connected TV space are hugely important for the future of video. Blinkbox is in a great position to set the agenda in an area that will see huge growth in the coming months."
Hutcheson said it would be interesting to see how the newly launched Netflix performed against established VoD services such as Blinkbox and LoveFilm.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent Benefits, East Midlands Region / Leicestershire
- Account Manager - Shopper / Promotional Marketing Agency Stonor £30K + as a benchmark but depends on level of experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Account Director - Digital Agency - Oxfordshire - £45k - NP084 Stonor £45k, Berkshire / Buckinghamshire / Oxford, Oxfordshire
- Account Manager - Partnership Marketing Stonor £24k - £32k dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)