Gocompare calls £28m ad pitch
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 12 January 2012 08:00AM
Gocompare.com, the price-comparison site famous for its opera-singing brand mascot, has called a review of its £28 million advertising account.
The company has contacted a number of agencies ahead of a planned pitch process, which is due to be held next month.
It is understood that three agencies will be shortlisted to pitch, as well as Gocompare’s in-house marketing team, which currently creates the brand’s TV ads.
Gocompare’s opera-singer campaign has been running since August 2009, when the creative concept was devised by the husband-and-wife creative team Chris Wilkins and Sian Vickers, who were also responsible for the notorious Sheilas’ Wheels ad campaign.
Recent Gocompare TV ads have seen the opera-singing character Gio Compario appear in various historical settings such as the Stone Age and Regency periods. He has also appeared in an Egyptian pyramid and on the moon.
The Gocompare ad pitch follows the conclusion of the brand’s recent media planning and buying review. Carat was awarded the business last month after a pitch against Starcom MediaVest Group, UM London and the incumbent, MEC.
In March last year, a study by Nielsen revealed that Gocompare spent £2 on advertising for every unique UK visitor to its site in 2010.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Account Executive or Account Executive createselect Up to £26K pa, depending on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Director - eCommerce and Digital Marketplace Silverdrum £60,000 + bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- SENIOR ACCOUNT EXEC/ACCOUNT MANAGER - INTEGRATED agency, Farringdon - £23k-£30k Judi Patton £23k-£30k, Farringdon
- Marketing agency roles in the Home Counties Stonor Variable £20,000 - £100,000, Home Counties
- SALES AND MARKETING DIRECOR - MARKETING AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, West Midlands