Gocompare calls £28m ad pitch
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 12 January 2012 08:00AM
Gocompare.com, the price-comparison site famous for its opera-singing brand mascot, has called a review of its £28 million advertising account.
The company has contacted a number of agencies ahead of a planned pitch process, which is due to be held next month.
It is understood that three agencies will be shortlisted to pitch, as well as Gocompare’s in-house marketing team, which currently creates the brand’s TV ads.
Gocompare’s opera-singer campaign has been running since August 2009, when the creative concept was devised by the husband-and-wife creative team Chris Wilkins and Sian Vickers, who were also responsible for the notorious Sheilas’ Wheels ad campaign.
Recent Gocompare TV ads have seen the opera-singing character Gio Compario appear in various historical settings such as the Stone Age and Regency periods. He has also appeared in an Egyptian pyramid and on the moon.
The Gocompare ad pitch follows the conclusion of the brand’s recent media planning and buying review. Carat was awarded the business last month after a pitch against Starcom MediaVest Group, UM London and the incumbent, MEC.
In March last year, a study by Nielsen revealed that Gocompare spent £2 on advertising for every unique UK visitor to its site in 2010.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Project Manager - Programme Management Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited Ã‚£38000 - Ã‚£45000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- HR Analyst - Financial Services - 6 month initial contract Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited Ã‚£30000 - Ã‚£35000 per annum + 6 month pro rata salary , London
- Lead Project Manager - Programme Management Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited Ã‚£50000 per annum + great benefits, London
- Digital Analytics Consultant Salt Ã‚£150 - Ã‚£200 per day, City of London
- Account Director - Integrated - [BTL / Promotions / Digital] - £45k - £50k + bonus! Fill Recruitment £45k - £50k + superb bonus & benefits, London (Greater)
- Freeview launches singing toys campaign
- In pictures: Campaign Media Awards 2014
- King backs new Candy Crush game with global ad push
- Campaign Viral Chart: Sainsbury's Christmas ad tops the table
- Sainsbury's calls £60 million media review
- Brands use social media to congratulate F1 champion Lewis Hamilton