Gocompare calls £28m ad pitch
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 12 January 2012 08:00AM
Gocompare.com, the price-comparison site famous for its opera-singing brand mascot, has called a review of its £28 million advertising account.
The company has contacted a number of agencies ahead of a planned pitch process, which is due to be held next month.
It is understood that three agencies will be shortlisted to pitch, as well as Gocompare’s in-house marketing team, which currently creates the brand’s TV ads.
Gocompare’s opera-singer campaign has been running since August 2009, when the creative concept was devised by the husband-and-wife creative team Chris Wilkins and Sian Vickers, who were also responsible for the notorious Sheilas’ Wheels ad campaign.
Recent Gocompare TV ads have seen the opera-singing character Gio Compario appear in various historical settings such as the Stone Age and Regency periods. He has also appeared in an Egyptian pyramid and on the moon.
The Gocompare ad pitch follows the conclusion of the brand’s recent media planning and buying review. Carat was awarded the business last month after a pitch against Starcom MediaVest Group, UM London and the incumbent, MEC.
In March last year, a study by Nielsen revealed that Gocompare spent £2 on advertising for every unique UK visitor to its site in 2010.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- GoCompare ad hit with 43 complaints in two days
- GoCompare goes Looney in latest ad
- Pitch Update
- Gocompare.com to run fairytale ad during X Factor final
- GoCompare beheads Gio Compario for Halloween
- Gio Compario on rocky ground in latest Gocompare ad
- Gocompare calls £28m media review
- Gocompare's Gio Compario signed up for another year
- Hotline: GoCompare's spend on avertising
- Gocompare goes sci-fi for latest ad
- Gocompare.com moves digital display into MEC
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- Community Manager - £30-40k - Charity - Surrey Digital Gurus £30000 - £40000 per annum + plus benefits , London
- Exciting Internal Community Comms Manager (6 month FTC) Digital Gurus £30000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits, England
- Integrated Account Director: c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k + benefits, Surrey, Shere
- Account Manager - Affiliate Marketing Shape Media up to £29,000 basic depending on experience, Central London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
- ITV and Channel 4 insist they will beat declining ad market
- EE adds Dare to agency roster to develop digital
A demographic portrait of Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook users
A useful study here from the ‘Pew Research Center’ taking a look at the demographic make-up of US social media users across Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook. No data on LinkedIn of Google+, but great stats all the same.