Rufus Olins appointed chief executive of Newspaper Marketing Agency
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 12 January 2012 08:00AM
The Newspaper Marketing Agency, the trade body that represents the interests of the UK's national newspapers, has appointed Rufus Olins, the former chief executive of Warc, as its chief executive.
Olins, also a former managing director of Haymarket Brand Media, which published Campaign, replaces Maureen Duffy, who left at the end of last year.
Duffy had been the chief executive since the organisation's launch in 2003.
Paul Hayes, the managing director of News International Commercial and chairman of the NMA, made the appointment.
Hayes said: "Rufus totally understands newspapers and his passion for quality journalism shines through. At the same time, he’s also a talented and well-connected business leader with deep understanding of research, insight and digital opportunities."
Olins added: "Now more than ever, UK newspaper publishers need a strong, confident voice representing them in the advertising world, and I intend to provide it."
Olins quit Warc last summer without a job to go to. He is a former editor of Haymarket's Management Today and deputy City editor of The Sunday Times.
The NMA was launched by the Newspaper Publishers Association to raise awareness among advertisers of the power of newspapers as an advertising medium. It is funded by all of the main newspaper publishers bar Express Newspapers.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- PR ACCOUNT MANAGER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Designer - World Renowned Branding Agency (London) Twist Recruitment £35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + BENEFITS AND BONUS SCHEME, East London
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs