Immediate Media acquires Hearst titles
By John Reynolds, mediaweek.co.uk, Thursday, 12 January 2012 09:56AM
Immediate Media, the company formed out of the sale of BBC Magazines to a private equity company, has purchased You & Your Wedding and Prima Baby & Pregnancy magazines from Hearst Magazines.
The move marks the first acquisition by Immediate Media since it acquired titles including Radio Times, Top Gear and cookery title Olive from BBC Magazines for £121m in August last year.
It signifies the ambition of the Exponent-owned Immediate Media, which also publishes Origin Publishing and Magicalia magazine titles.
Immediate Media already publishes a parenting portfolio including Practical Parenting and Pregnancy magazine, and the MadeforMums digital network, as well as bridal brand Perfect Wedding.
Hearst Magazines, the publisher of Esquire and Cosmopolitan, said the offloading off the tiles reinforced its strategy of focusing on its core titles.
After a period of consultation, all staff working on the titles within the deal are expected to transfer to Immediate Media's London offices.
According to Audit Bureau of Circulations (ABC) figures, Prima Baby & Pregnancy recorded a circulation of 31,926 in the six months to the end of June 2011.
You & Your Wedding, which is published every two months, reported an average circulation of 48,664.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- DIGITAL ACCOUNT MANAGER / £35K + Benefits Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show