Immediate Media acquires Hearst titles
By John Reynolds, mediaweek.co.uk, Thursday, 12 January 2012 09:56AM
Immediate Media, the company formed out of the sale of BBC Magazines to a private equity company, has purchased You & Your Wedding and Prima Baby & Pregnancy magazines from Hearst Magazines.
The move marks the first acquisition by Immediate Media since it acquired titles including Radio Times, Top Gear and cookery title Olive from BBC Magazines for £121m in August last year.
It signifies the ambition of the Exponent-owned Immediate Media, which also publishes Origin Publishing and Magicalia magazine titles.
Immediate Media already publishes a parenting portfolio including Practical Parenting and Pregnancy magazine, and the MadeforMums digital network, as well as bridal brand Perfect Wedding.
Hearst Magazines, the publisher of Esquire and Cosmopolitan, said the offloading off the tiles reinforced its strategy of focusing on its core titles.
After a period of consultation, all staff working on the titles within the deal are expected to transfer to Immediate Media's London offices.
According to Audit Bureau of Circulations (ABC) figures, Prima Baby & Pregnancy recorded a circulation of 31,926 in the six months to the end of June 2011.
You & Your Wedding, which is published every two months, reported an average circulation of 48,664.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, West Midlands
- Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Email Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £35,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £60,000 - £80,000, London
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show