Immediate Media acquires Hearst titles
By John Reynolds, mediaweek.co.uk, Thursday, 12 January 2012 09:56AM
Immediate Media, the company formed out of the sale of BBC Magazines to a private equity company, has purchased You & Your Wedding and Prima Baby & Pregnancy magazines from Hearst Magazines.
The move marks the first acquisition by Immediate Media since it acquired titles including Radio Times, Top Gear and cookery title Olive from BBC Magazines for £121m in August last year.
It signifies the ambition of the Exponent-owned Immediate Media, which also publishes Origin Publishing and Magicalia magazine titles.
Immediate Media already publishes a parenting portfolio including Practical Parenting and Pregnancy magazine, and the MadeforMums digital network, as well as bridal brand Perfect Wedding.
Hearst Magazines, the publisher of Esquire and Cosmopolitan, said the offloading off the tiles reinforced its strategy of focusing on its core titles.
After a period of consultation, all staff working on the titles within the deal are expected to transfer to Immediate Media's London offices.
According to Audit Bureau of Circulations (ABC) figures, Prima Baby & Pregnancy recorded a circulation of 31,926 in the six months to the end of June 2011.
You & Your Wedding, which is published every two months, reported an average circulation of 48,664.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Strategy Director Pitch Consultants £60000 - £90000 per annum + benefits, Greater Manchester
- Comms Planning Manager Aspire £35000.00 - £38000.00 per annum, London
- Comms Planning Manager - Sports Focused Aspire £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer PR Account Manager Black Cherry Recruitment £25-£30K, Leeds, West Yorkshire
- PPC Account Manager Major Players £26000 - £32000 per annum + beneifts, London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy