Immediate Media acquires Hearst titles
By John Reynolds, mediaweek.co.uk, Thursday, 12 January 2012 09:56AM
Immediate Media, the company formed out of the sale of BBC Magazines to a private equity company, has purchased You & Your Wedding and Prima Baby & Pregnancy magazines from Hearst Magazines.
The move marks the first acquisition by Immediate Media since it acquired titles including Radio Times, Top Gear and cookery title Olive from BBC Magazines for £121m in August last year.
It signifies the ambition of the Exponent-owned Immediate Media, which also publishes Origin Publishing and Magicalia magazine titles.
Immediate Media already publishes a parenting portfolio including Practical Parenting and Pregnancy magazine, and the MadeforMums digital network, as well as bridal brand Perfect Wedding.
Hearst Magazines, the publisher of Esquire and Cosmopolitan, said the offloading off the tiles reinforced its strategy of focusing on its core titles.
After a period of consultation, all staff working on the titles within the deal are expected to transfer to Immediate Media's London offices.
According to Audit Bureau of Circulations (ABC) figures, Prima Baby & Pregnancy recorded a circulation of 31,926 in the six months to the end of June 2011.
You & Your Wedding, which is published every two months, reported an average circulation of 48,664.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Freelance Account Manager/ Senior Account Manager Prospect Resourcing Ltd £150 - £200 per day, London (Greater)
- Digital Creative Director - (Copy) £75,000 London EC2 Mark Paine Recruitment to £75,000 plus benefits, EC2A 1AE, London (Greater)
- SEO Manager - Client-side! Leading UK Lifestyle Publisher! Ultimate Asset £45000 per annum, Hammersmith and Fulham
- Sales Manager - Video, Mobile & TV plus some management Ultimate Asset £38000 - £45000 per annum + commission & benefits, London
- Design Director - Global Packaging Design Agency - Farringdon Twist Recruitment £50000 - £60000 per annum + very good benefits , City of London
- WPP, Daily Mail and SnapChat launch content agency Truffle Pig
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- UK agencies win 7 Media Lions
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account