Morrisons ramps up convenience push with frozen range
Morrisons is extending its push into the convenience market with the launch of its frozen ready-meal range and the opening of its third convenience store.
The frozen range is part of the supermarket's M Kitchen range, which involves an in-house team of chefs creating "restaurant-quality" dishes.
English, Chinese, Indian and Italian meals will comprise the new M Kitchen frozen convenience range, which was developed by Neil Nugent, who holds the role of executive chef and head of innovation.
Some 29 dishes make up the range and are priced between £2 and £3.50.
Morrisons' third M-Local store is being opened on Grafton Street, Manchester, on Monday (16 January) and will target local students.
Students will be offered an extensive "food-to-go" range and more than 100 items from the supermarket's new M Savers range.
The news comes on the same day Tesco announced it would stop its expansion into large out-of-town shops, during an analysts' conference call concerning its "disappointing" Christmas trading.
Follow Matthew Chapman on Twitter @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Berkshire
- Associate Director, Consumer Research Jarlett de Grouchy £38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, Oxfordshire
- Senior Innovation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per Car/ Car Allowance, South East
- Range and Merchandising Executive Ball & Hoolahan £33,000 per annum, London