Morrisons ramps up convenience push with frozen range
Morrisons is extending its push into the convenience market with the launch of its frozen ready-meal range and the opening of its third convenience store.
The frozen range is part of the supermarket's M Kitchen range, which involves an in-house team of chefs creating "restaurant-quality" dishes.
English, Chinese, Indian and Italian meals will comprise the new M Kitchen frozen convenience range, which was developed by Neil Nugent, who holds the role of executive chef and head of innovation.
Some 29 dishes make up the range and are priced between £2 and £3.50.
Morrisons' third M-Local store is being opened on Grafton Street, Manchester, on Monday (16 January) and will target local students.
Students will be offered an extensive "food-to-go" range and more than 100 items from the supermarket's new M Savers range.
The news comes on the same day Tesco announced it would stop its expansion into large out-of-town shops, during an analysts' conference call concerning its "disappointing" Christmas trading.
Follow Matthew Chapman on Twitter @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Senior Account Manager Adam Recruitment £27000 - £35000 Per Annum plus benefits, Manchester
- Account Director - Direct Marketing/Shopper/CRM Stopgap £50000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Exciting Digital Project Management Vacancy Zebra People £40000 - £50000 per annum + additional benefits, City of London
- Studio/Production Manager - late shift Network Career Consultants £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office