Morrisons ramps up convenience push with frozen range
Morrisons is extending its push into the convenience market with the launch of its frozen ready-meal range and the opening of its third convenience store.
The frozen range is part of the supermarket's M Kitchen range, which involves an in-house team of chefs creating "restaurant-quality" dishes.
English, Chinese, Indian and Italian meals will comprise the new M Kitchen frozen convenience range, which was developed by Neil Nugent, who holds the role of executive chef and head of innovation.
Some 29 dishes make up the range and are priced between £2 and £3.50.
Morrisons' third M-Local store is being opened on Grafton Street, Manchester, on Monday (16 January) and will target local students.
Students will be offered an extensive "food-to-go" range and more than 100 items from the supermarket's new M Savers range.
The news comes on the same day Tesco announced it would stop its expansion into large out-of-town shops, during an analysts' conference call concerning its "disappointing" Christmas trading.
Follow Matthew Chapman on Twitter @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Technical Account Manager - Media - Adserver / DSP Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Business Development & Marketing Manager Dynamic New Alliances £30-35K , London (Greater)
- Account Manager The Fix Creative Up to £25K,
- Senior 3D Designer The Fix Creative £35-£45K,
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show