Government backs IPA challenge to find creative entrepreneurs
Ed Vaizey, minister for culture, communications and creative industries, helped launch an IPA competition to find the next creative entrepreneur at the IPA president's New Year reception last night.
The Creative Pioneers Challenge is being launched by the IPA in conjunction with the Metro newspaper to find the next Steve Jobs or Mark Zuckerberg.
The competition was announced last night at the IPA president's reception by Vaizey but entries to the challenge will not be accepted until March.
Nicola Mendelsohn, IPA president, said: "I'm pleased to announce that we are planning a nationwide hunt to find the next generation of creative pioneers.
"By joining forces with Metro, and with the support of the UK government, we may well find the next Mark Zuckerberg, Charles Saatchi or Sir Alan Sugar."
The challenge will be judged by leaders in the fields of gaming, digital technology, advertising and the creative industries.
The jury, judges and criteria are still being finalised and will be announced when the competition opens in March.
Entries to the competition will be accepted until mid-April, with the winners being announced in July.
Vaizey said: "I am delighted to lend my support to this imaginative initiative. It is essential talented people and new innovative businesses have the necessary help and support to be a success in today’s rapidly evolving digital and technological environment.
"The Creative Pioneers competition can make a real contribution to that."
Mendelsohn said: "This country thrives on creativity and making technology work for business, and bringing on budding entrepreneurs or anyone with a can do attitude through a competition like this will help us fast track the next generation and help get the economy back on its feet."
Follow Sara Kimberley on Twitter @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- PR & Social Media Executive - top agency in Manchester Perfect Marketing People To £23k, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Freelance Product/ Industrial Designer Purple Consultancy £250 - £350 per day, London
- Account Manager / Senior Account Manager Royds Raphael £37k-£45k+ dep. on experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...