Blue Dragon rolls out Chinese New Year Aurasma campaign
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 13 January 2012 09:42AM
Blue Dragon, the Oriental food brand, is launching an augmented reality campaign using Aurasma technology to mark the Chinese New Year later this month.
The 'Inspiring Oriental Adventures' campaign, created by Billington Cartmell, features video recipes from chef Jeremy Pang, using Blue Dragon products, such as its Sweet Chilli dipping sauce.
The recipes can be accessed using the Aurasma smartphone app, by holding the handset device over the special promotional packaging.
As part of the campaign, which launches on Monday (16 January), Blue Dragon is also running an instant win on-pack promotion, offering consumers the chance to win a banquet for eight people, or a cookery less hosted by Pang in winners' homes.
The recipes will also be available on the Blue Dragon website until the end of July.
Aurasma's image-recognition technology is gaining traction in the UK, with a number of brands, including Magners, Tesco and Debenhams, using it in their digital marketing as an alternative to QR codes.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Traffic Manager Dynamic New Alliances £35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, City of London
- Sales Manager Lipton Fleming £40000 - £50000 per annum + Uncapped OTE, London
- Account Manager AF Selection £28,000 plus company car, East Midlands Region / Leicestershire / Nottinghamshire / Derby, Derbyshire / Leicester, Leiceste...
- KitKat's mocking Apple tweet outperforms Oreo's Superbowl
- TfL launches selfie campaign to encourage people to get home safely
- Argos releases alien swan song ad
- 13 ways to create a winning print ad
- Triumph launches Magic Wire bra with Twitter search for women's niggles
- Publicis unveils innovation concept