Blue Dragon rolls out Chinese New Year Aurasma campaign
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 13 January 2012 09:42AM
Blue Dragon, the Oriental food brand, is launching an augmented reality campaign using Aurasma technology to mark the Chinese New Year later this month.
The 'Inspiring Oriental Adventures' campaign, created by Billington Cartmell, features video recipes from chef Jeremy Pang, using Blue Dragon products, such as its Sweet Chilli dipping sauce.
The recipes can be accessed using the Aurasma smartphone app, by holding the handset device over the special promotional packaging.
As part of the campaign, which launches on Monday (16 January), Blue Dragon is also running an instant win on-pack promotion, offering consumers the chance to win a banquet for eight people, or a cookery less hosted by Pang in winners' homes.
The recipes will also be available on the Blue Dragon website until the end of July.
Aurasma's image-recognition technology is gaining traction in the UK, with a number of brands, including Magners, Tesco and Debenhams, using it in their digital marketing as an alternative to QR codes.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30,000 - £35,000, Central London
- Traffic Assistant - 3 month FTC Creative Recruitment £18000 - £20000 per annum + pro rata, London
- International Digital Sales Executive - Flexible backgrounds! Ultimate Asset £20000 - £45000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Commercial Analyst - Berkshire Jarlett de Grouchy £20000.00 - £28000.00 per annum, Berkshire
- Global Market Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy Negotiable, London
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- Gogglebox stars encourage viewers to vote