Blue Dragon rolls out Chinese New Year Aurasma campaign
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 13 January 2012 09:42AM
Blue Dragon, the Oriental food brand, is launching an augmented reality campaign using Aurasma technology to mark the Chinese New Year later this month.
The 'Inspiring Oriental Adventures' campaign, created by Billington Cartmell, features video recipes from chef Jeremy Pang, using Blue Dragon products, such as its Sweet Chilli dipping sauce.
The recipes can be accessed using the Aurasma smartphone app, by holding the handset device over the special promotional packaging.
As part of the campaign, which launches on Monday (16 January), Blue Dragon is also running an instant win on-pack promotion, offering consumers the chance to win a banquet for eight people, or a cookery less hosted by Pang in winners' homes.
The recipes will also be available on the Blue Dragon website until the end of July.
Aurasma's image-recognition technology is gaining traction in the UK, with a number of brands, including Magners, Tesco and Debenhams, using it in their digital marketing as an alternative to QR codes.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car or C/A, South East England
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £52,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Category Development Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 per annum, London
- Global Design Manager Ball & Hoolahan £52,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England