Lurpak readies £10m product launch
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 13 January 2012 04:10PM
Lurpak is launching a £10m ad campaign aligning itself with healthy eating, to promote Lightest Spreadable, its biggest product launch in 10 years.
Wieden+Kennedy London has created a 60-second TV spot that breaks on Sunday (15 January), as well as press, outdoor, digital and in-store work.
However, the Lightest Spreadable ad features healthy food items such as vegetables and fish being boiled chopped, filleted, mashed and roasted in quick succession, all using Lurpak Lightest.
A 48-sheet outdoor campaign, planned by Carat, will go live on 23 January, and will also appear across premium sites in London such as the IMax, Clapham Colossus and Battersea 7.
The creative directors on the TV spot were Dan Norris and Ray Shaughnessy and it was directed by Dougal Wilson at Blink.
Simon Stevens, senior vice-president at Arla Foods, said: "Lurpak Lightest is our biggest product launch for 10 years, and our 2012 campaign reflects that. Building on the voice we have established for the Lurpak brand, we're showing people that healthy food doesn't have to mean boring food."
Norris and Shaughnessy said: "It was an interesting challenge to do something new and different in the world of healthy food. With the Lurpak Lightest launch we've tried to inject fun and, importantly, deliciousness into what can be a boring and worthy place."
Follow Sara Kimberley on Twitter @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Director - INTEGRATED / Retail - £60k - £65k plus bonus. Fill Recruitment £60k - £65k plus superb benefits and bonus, London
- ARTWORKER - CREATIVE COMMUNICATIONS AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, City of London
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- MEC appoints first head of programmatic strategy
- Blinkx losses sound alarm bells for those in online advertising
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot