Asda trademarks 'Asda Money'
Speculation is mounting that Asda will relaunch its 'Asda Financial Services' offering following the registration of an 'Asda Money' trademark.
The trademark covers a range of functions, including banking, credit and debit cards, mortgage lending and consultancy, advisory and information services.
In the past, the supermarket has positioned its Asda Financial Services offering as a "flexible option to financial services" that provides "a friendlier approach to insurance and credit".
Asda Financial Services currently covers products including an Asda Reward credit card, personal loans, insurance cover, child trust funds, travel money and a gas and electricity comparison service.
The supermarket already owns the www.asdamoney.com and www.asdamoney.co.uk domain names, which redirect visitors to its Asda Financial Services home page.
Asda appointed LBi in September in a move that was understood to be the first time the supermarket had appointed a dedicated digital agency.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Executives David Thatcher Recruitment to £25k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- New Business Manager Aspire £30000 - £40000 per annum, London