Asda trademarks 'Asda Money'
Speculation is mounting that Asda will relaunch its 'Asda Financial Services' offering following the registration of an 'Asda Money' trademark.
The trademark covers a range of functions, including banking, credit and debit cards, mortgage lending and consultancy, advisory and information services.
In the past, the supermarket has positioned its Asda Financial Services offering as a "flexible option to financial services" that provides "a friendlier approach to insurance and credit".
Asda Financial Services currently covers products including an Asda Reward credit card, personal loans, insurance cover, child trust funds, travel money and a gas and electricity comparison service.
The supermarket already owns the www.asdamoney.com and www.asdamoney.co.uk domain names, which redirect visitors to its Asda Financial Services home page.
Asda appointed LBi in September in a move that was understood to be the first time the supermarket had appointed a dedicated digital agency.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Retail Store Designer Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £33000 per annum + bonus and benefits, London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show