The Sunday Times magazine celebrates 50 years with exhibition
By John Reynolds, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 16 January 2012 12:30PM
The Sunday Times magazine is celebrating its 50th anniversary next month with a commemorative issue of the magazine and a free exhibition showcasing some of the magazine's covers and artwork, at London's Saatchi gallery.
The exhibition, which opens in the London gallery on January 31 and runs until February 18, will showcase photograph from David McCullin, David Bailey, Eve Arnold, Snowdon, Sam Taylor-Wood, Terry O'Neil and Stuart Franklin.
The exhibition will also highlight contributions from writers including Martin Amis, Ian Flemming, and Jilly Cooper, whose work has appeared in the News International-owned magazine, which is published with The Sunday Times.
The February 5 special anniversary issue of The Sunday Times Magazine will include the 50 "greatest" front covers.
Sarah Baxter, editor of The Sunday Times Magazines, said: "We're still here and producing the most exciting journalism and photography in the business."
Entrance to the exhibition is free.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- International Account Manager SYLEX Recruitment £25000 - £31000 per annum, London
- Brand Strategist - to £60k Network Career Consultants £50000 - £65000 per annum, London
- Account Manager Haymarket Media Group Depending on experience (plus up to 40% commission) , Teddington, Middlesex
- Managing Partner - Client Services Source £90000 - £100000 per annum, London
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014
- Evian tops YouTube 2013 ad leaderboard
- Watch: The Economist's interactive Nelson Mandela film