Iris and BD Network lead MAA Best Awards nominations
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 16 January 2012 04:14PM
Iris has racked up 17 nominations for the Marketing Agencies Association's Best Awards 2012, followed by BD Network with 12.
Among other agencies to have secured more than five nominations for the 33 categories are DDB, Elvis, Saatchi & Saatchi X and Wunderman.
Vying for Agency of the Year are Initials Marketing, Elvis, Livity, iris and Saatchi & Saatchi X, while An Abundance, Forever Beta and Gravity Thinking are in the running for best newcomer.
The winners will be announced on 1 March at The Old Brewery, Chiswell Street, EC1 and a public exhibition of the shortlisted work will run from 6–8 March at the Scott Room, Guardian newspaper offices.
Simon Tilden, Diageo's global category director of advertising, marketing production and SmartBrand, is chairman of the judges, and the creative judging panel is chaired by Alistair Ross, DraftFCB's head of ideas.
Ross said, "The entries this year reflected the tightening marketing budgets which we have all faced. As such, the thinking behind the best work had to be simpler, smarter and less self-indulgent. A number of clients and agencies rose to this challenge, showing that when the going gets tough, the smart get thinking."
Scott Knox, managing director of the MAA said, "This year we are seeing some really clever, innovative work for a wide range of sectors with varying budgets and the standard is significantly higher than in the previous two years."
The full awards shortlist can be found on the MAA website.
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Support Dot-Gap £17k, London Central
- Account Manager AF Selection £25000 - £28000 per annum, Manchester
- Head of Resource The Industry Club London Ltd 55 - 60K, LONDON, SE1
- Global Digital Manager - Dubai Dot-Gap £47k, London Central
- Global Strategic Planning + Insight Exec Dot-Gap £31k, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- The man who made Grey matter
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Programmatic adspend nears £1bn and doubles for mobile