Harvey Nichols to debut small format store
Department store chain Harvey Nichols will debut a new 'small format' concept in the Liverpool One shopping complex amid an increasingly hostile retail environment.
The 22,000-square-foot store will open in autumn in a retail unit previously occupied by Habitat.
Harvey Nichols said it would reveal more details of the concept behind the new mall format store this spring. The company already has seven small format stores in the UK.
Joseph Wan, chief executive at Harvey Nichols, said: "Liverpool One serves a large catchment area, with a loyal and discerning customer, and there is no better place from which to launch this exciting new concept."
Harvey Nichols has already experimented with a new store format in Liverpool One, having opened a food market pop-up shop in September.
Liverpool One had a successful Christmas with more than 950,000 people visiting the complex, marking a 30% increase on the previous year.
Separately, it emerged yesterday (16 January) that retail chain Peacocks has 10 days to find a buyer or go into administration after discussions with RBS, one of its lenders, broke down.
The retailer, which employs 13,000 people, has a massive debt burden, which was not relieved by a 17% like-for-like sales increase over Christmas.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Manager - Global Omnichannel Marketing Analytics Leader Recruitment Revolution £25,000 to £35,000 + 10% bonus + pension, Brighton, East Sussex
- Community Marketing Coordinator - Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Company Benefits Package , Oxford, Oxfordshire
- Advertising Technology Executive - Media Owner (Music & Ents) Silverdrum Up to £35,000 + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing/Account Executive Brand Recruitment £15000 - £25000 per annum + plus benefits, Cambridge
- BBC social media manager calls for brands to add value
- Dave Trott: Great advertising isn't just gimmicks
- Digital surge drives UK advertising's fastest growth for four years
- Johnny Fearless closes after client departure
- WPP launches Xaxis Audio with Global
- Google aims to hold brands' hands with 'programmatic playbook'