Harvey Nichols to debut small format store
Department store chain Harvey Nichols will debut a new 'small format' concept in the Liverpool One shopping complex amid an increasingly hostile retail environment.
The 22,000-square-foot store will open in autumn in a retail unit previously occupied by Habitat.
Harvey Nichols said it would reveal more details of the concept behind the new mall format store this spring. The company already has seven small format stores in the UK.
Joseph Wan, chief executive at Harvey Nichols, said: "Liverpool One serves a large catchment area, with a loyal and discerning customer, and there is no better place from which to launch this exciting new concept."
Harvey Nichols has already experimented with a new store format in Liverpool One, having opened a food market pop-up shop in September.
Liverpool One had a successful Christmas with more than 950,000 people visiting the complex, marking a 30% increase on the previous year.
Separately, it emerged yesterday (16 January) that retail chain Peacocks has 10 days to find a buyer or go into administration after discussions with RBS, one of its lenders, broke down.
The retailer, which employs 13,000 people, has a massive debt burden, which was not relieved by a 17% like-for-like sales increase over Christmas.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Digital Designer 20-35k London - Advertising Tech Company Creative Recruitment £20000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits, London
- senior account director > RETAIL > GLOBAL AGENCY collectivo Salary confidential, London
- social media account manager > DRINKS BRAND collectivo to £25-30k + amazing bens, London
- Press Investment Senior Exec Aspire £25000.00 - £34000.00 per annum, London
- Group Marketing Manager - Leading Media Business ADLIB £30000 - £40000 per annum, Bath
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham