Citroen ad banned over epilepsy concerns
The Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) has banned a Citroen TV ad featuring flashing lights, after 10 people complained it brought on symptoms associated with photo-sensitive epilepsy.
The Euro RSCG-created ad featured different scenes in rapid succession with the word "yes" being splashed across the screen throughout.
The complainants claimed the ad bought on symptoms associated with photo-sensitive epilepsy, including a seizure.
While the ad had been cleared by Clearcast and had undergone rigorous testing, it was found to have breached Ofcom's Flashing Images Guidance. Citroen was told it could not repeat the ad in its current format.
In April, a viewer complained about the Citreon ad featuring cyclists without any helmets, claiming it could discourage young children from wearing cycling helmets. The ASA ruled it could not be shown during programmes aimed at younger children.
Follow Sara Kimberley on Twitter @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Account Director Twist Recruitment £50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + great benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Brand Manager - Drinks Trace c. £58k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / Surrey / London (South), London (Greater) / London (West)...
- Senior International Agency Sales Manager - Mobile Salt £70000 per annum + strong bonus and great bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director - Consumer Tech Trace £80k to £110k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), Londo...
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Yahoo hosts exclusive X-Men: Days of Future Past films