Abercrombie & Kent appoints Thomas Cook exec to head marketing
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 18 January 2012 09:00AM
Abercrombie & Kent, the luxury and adventure travel group, has appointed former Thomas Cook executive Katherine Gershon as group sales & marketing director, charged with opening up new markets.
Gershon starts immediately and will be responsible for the 50 Abercrombie & Kent companies around the world. She will oversee marketing and sales of its lodges, camps and ships.
Gershon will also oversee Abercrombie & Kent’s central marketing function and head up its cross-group marketing initiatives, as it looks to open up new marketing channels.
Gershon previously worked at Circle, the employee co-owned private & NHS hospital operator, as sales and marketing director for BMI and as director of multimedia sales at Thomas Cook. She was also a founding member of Silverjet, the business class airline.
Abercrombie and Kent was founded as an African safari company in 1962. It has 50 offices in 25 countries and offers luxury travel services across seven continents.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- International Account Director - Media Agency (Benelux & Scandinavia Regions) Silverdrum £45,000 + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Business Director Twist Recruitment £90000.00 - £100000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Digital Marketing Manager - £60K - Fashion - Buckinghams Salt £55000 - £65000 per annum, Buckinghamshire
- Italian Marketing Executive, Travel, Soho Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £27000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: +Bonus & Benefits, London
- Private Bank - Digital Marketing, eCRM Campaign & Marketing Operations Manager - Associate - London J.P.Morgan JPMorgan Chase & Co. offer an exceptional benefits program and highly competitive compensation., Knightsbridge
- Oreo eclipses The Sun in celestial stunt
- Katharine Viner becomes first female editor-in-chief of Guardian News & Media
- Why Viacom spent £120m extending Channel 5's Big Brother deal for three more years
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Comparethemarket.com offers two for one cinema tickets with Meerkat Movies
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'