Abercrombie & Kent appoints Thomas Cook exec to head marketing
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 18 January 2012 09:00AM
Abercrombie & Kent, the luxury and adventure travel group, has appointed former Thomas Cook executive Katherine Gershon as group sales & marketing director, charged with opening up new markets.
Gershon starts immediately and will be responsible for the 50 Abercrombie & Kent companies around the world. She will oversee marketing and sales of its lodges, camps and ships.
Gershon will also oversee Abercrombie & Kent’s central marketing function and head up its cross-group marketing initiatives, as it looks to open up new marketing channels.
Gershon previously worked at Circle, the employee co-owned private & NHS hospital operator, as sales and marketing director for BMI and as director of multimedia sales at Thomas Cook. She was also a founding member of Silverjet, the business class airline.
Abercrombie and Kent was founded as an African safari company in 1962. It has 50 offices in 25 countries and offers luxury travel services across seven continents.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Senior Account Director - INTEGRATED / BTL - Excellent Agency! - £60k - £65k plus bonus. Fill Recruitment £60k - £65k plus superb benefits and bonus, London
- SENIOR DIGITAL DESIGNER - DUBAI - £38K TAX FREE + RELOCATION Salt £38000 per annum + TAX FREE EARNINGS + RELOCATION, Dubai
- SENIOR UI/UX DESIGNER - WEST LONDON - £50K + BONUS & BENEFITS Salt £50000 per annum + BONUS + BENEFITS, West London
- Senior Strategy Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)