Mercedes-Benz seeks younger appeal through social media
Mercedes-Benz's recent efforts to connect with a younger audience are continuing with a move to sharpen up its social media presence.
The German luxury car marque is currently looking for an agency to devise a three-year social media strategy, which will enable it to connect with 25- to 44-year-olds.
Mercedes-Benz is already active in the social media space, largely through its Fashion Week tie-up. It is looking to boost its presence across key social media platforms and develop a long-term integration strategy.
The campaign, created by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, was based around an online film which shows a fictional character trapped driving a Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Coupe model in Google Streetview.
Last week, at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Mercedes-Benz showcased technology which will enable users to access Facebook, Google and Yelp from their dashboards.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - INTEGRATED AGENCY - £40K Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent agency benefits , London
- Senior Creative Team - Dubai based (tax free salary) MCG Associates Attractive Tax Free Salary, Dubai
- Senior PAYG Product Marketing Manager EMR £55000 - £60000 per annum + $1500/monthly accommodation allowance, Vietnam
- Designer Creative Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Hertfordshire
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'
- 'We will always love M&S' says Walker Media in goodbye statement