Mercedes-Benz seeks younger appeal through social media
Mercedes-Benz's recent efforts to connect with a younger audience are continuing with a move to sharpen up its social media presence.
The German luxury car marque is currently looking for an agency to devise a three-year social media strategy, which will enable it to connect with 25- to 44-year-olds.
Mercedes-Benz is already active in the social media space, largely through its Fashion Week tie-up. It is looking to boost its presence across key social media platforms and develop a long-term integration strategy.
The campaign, created by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, was based around an online film which shows a fictional character trapped driving a Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Coupe model in Google Streetview.
Last week, at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Mercedes-Benz showcased technology which will enable users to access Facebook, Google and Yelp from their dashboards.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency