Mercedes-Benz seeks younger appeal through social media
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Thursday, 19 January 2012 08:53AM
Mercedes-Benz's recent efforts to connect with a younger audience are continuing with a move to sharpen up its social media presence.
The German luxury car marque is currently looking for an agency to devise a three-year social media strategy, which will enable it to connect with 25- to 44-year-olds.
Mercedes-Benz is already active in the social media space, largely through its Fashion Week tie-up. It is looking to boost its presence across key social media platforms and develop a long-term integration strategy.
The campaign, created by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, was based around an online film which shows a fictional character trapped driving a Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Coupe model in Google Streetview.
Last week, at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Mercedes-Benz showcased technology which will enable users to access Facebook, Google and Yelp from their dashboards.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Brand Client Partners - Leading Media Agency - Global Client Ultimate Asset £70000 - £80000 per annum + great benefits package, City of London
- Comms Planning Manager - Gaming/Entertainment Brand - Media Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + great benefits package, City of London
- Senior Account Manager / Account Manager David Thatcher Recruitment £32-40k dep experience, Surrey