Mercedes-Benz seeks younger appeal through social media
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Thursday, 19 January 2012 08:53AM
Mercedes-Benz's recent efforts to connect with a younger audience are continuing with a move to sharpen up its social media presence.
The German luxury car marque is currently looking for an agency to devise a three-year social media strategy, which will enable it to connect with 25- to 44-year-olds.
Mercedes-Benz is already active in the social media space, largely through its Fashion Week tie-up. It is looking to boost its presence across key social media platforms and develop a long-term integration strategy.
The campaign, created by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, was based around an online film which shows a fictional character trapped driving a Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Coupe model in Google Streetview.
Last week, at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Mercedes-Benz showcased technology which will enable users to access Facebook, Google and Yelp from their dashboards.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager - FMCG Brand Recruitment £45000 per annum + excellent bonus and benefits, Northampton
- Research Manager - Cultural Insight Hasson Associates £38,000 - £42,000, Surrey
- PR & Social Media Executive - top agency in Manchester Perfect Marketing People To £23k, Manchester, Greater Manchester