Amscreen poaches CBS Outdoor's Mike Hemmings
Amscreen, Lord Sugar's digital out-of-home media owner, has appointed CBS Outdoor's head of marketing Mike Hemmings as its international marketing director.
Hemmings will be responsible for developing the Amscreen brand as it continues to grow internationally.
He will report to Chris Forrester, European managing director of sales and marketing, Amscreen.
Hemmings, who joined CBS Outdoor in July 2006, rose from senior marketing manager to head of marketing, where he was responsible for marketing strategy across the CBS Outdoor portfolio of rail, Tube, bus, retail and airport media.
Prior to joining CBS Outdoor, Hemmings was at FHM and Heat magazine-owner Emap (now Bauer Media) as acting head of trade marketing. He started his career at Independent Newspapers as a sales and marketing executive.
Forrester said: "We are extremely pleased to welcome Mike to Amscreen. His experience will no doubt be a great asset to the company as we continue to expand and build the brand internationally.
"Together with other recent appointments to the Amscreen team, we're sure Mike will help to enhance our position as a leader in European digital media and I look forward to him joining the team."
Hemming's appointment follows Amscreen's hiring of former JCDecaux director Yoko De Souza as director of client sales and Winfried Karst, formerly chief operating officer of Germany and chief executive of Switzerland at Kinetic, as its chief executive, central and Eastern Europe.
Amscreen bought the sales and marketing operation of its digital out-of-home ad sales house Digicom in August last year, following a deal to expand its digital signage to BP-owned petrol forecourts in Europe.
Hemmings will join Amscreen in February. A spokesman for CBS Outdoor had not confirmed whether Hemmings would be directly replaced by the time of publication.
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Global Market Launch Manager Stopgap competitive + excellent benefits, Surrey
- B2B Campaign Manager UK Stopgap competitive + benefits, Surrey
- Account Manager, branding and advertising, contract, London Gabriele Skelton £30000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood
- Publicis Groupe extends deadline for Sapient deal again
- Lidstone exits Havas amid restructure