Digitas poaches Simon Calvert from DraftFCB
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 19 January 2012 10:30AM
Digitas has poached DraftFCB's Simon Calvert to become its worldwide head of strategic planning.
Calvert will be based out of Digitas' London agency, Kitcatt Nohr Digitas, and will report to Mark Beeching, the worldwide chief creative and strategy officer at Digitas.
At DraftFCB, Calvert worked as the global chief planning officer, where he led a team of strategists working on the agency's $700 million Beiersdorf account.
During his three years at DraftFCB, Calvert also led teams on other key clients, including Motorola, General Motors and SC Johnson.
Calvert has more than 20 years' experience working in the industry. After starting his career at McCann Erickson in 1986 as an account executive, he also worked at Proximity, Carat, Michaelides & Bednash and Euro RSCG.
Beeching said: "Simon is a great innovator and collaborator, as well as a master of smart new approaches to digital listening and customer understanding. He has the gift of turning all that intelligence into practical inspiration for teams. His appointment is an excellent fit with our client partners and the Digitas obsession with people, brands, relationships and measurable market impact."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of Resource The Industry Club London Ltd 55 - 60K, LONDON, SE1
- Global Digital Manager - Dubai Dot-Gap £47k, London Central
- Global Strategic Planning + Insight Exec Dot-Gap £31k, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Global Account Exec - Cross Media Dot-Gap £31k , United Arab Emirates (AE)
- Global Media Manager - Cross Media Dot-Gap £47k , Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- The man who made Grey matter
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Programmatic adspend nears £1bn and doubles for mobile