Publicis London wins £50m Confused.com creative task
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 19 January 2012 10:30AM
Confused.com has appointed Publicis London to handle its £50 million ad account.
The move follows a process that involved Confused.com meeting with agencies including Leo Burnett, Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R and Adam & Eve.
Confused.com began contacting agencies in September last year but Mike Hoban, its marketing director, denied at the time that he would make an agency appointment.
In recent years, the bulk of the price-comparison site's advertising activity has been created in-house.
The company hired Beattie McGuinness Bungay to handle its business in October 2009, but parted with the agency just nine months later.
After the split with BMB, Confused.com launched a new campaign featuring an animated mascot called Cara.
Publicis will now be responsible for building on this campaign. Confused.com, which currently spends £28 million on advertising, according to Nielsen, is raising its marketing spend to £50 million in 2012. PHD handles its media planning and buying.
Hoban said: "The Cara campaign has proved to be a great success and now we look forward to Publicis helping us take Confused.com's advertising to the next level."
Publicis' appointment follows news last week that Confused.com's rival, Gocompare.com, is preparing to kick off its own search for an advertising agency.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Front end Designer/Developer become Competitive rates, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Middleweight Designer become £30k-£35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Is The Net Set a welcome addition?
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media