Publicis London wins £50m Confused.com creative task
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 19 January 2012 10:30AM
Confused.com has appointed Publicis London to handle its £50 million ad account.
The move follows a process that involved Confused.com meeting with agencies including Leo Burnett, Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R and Adam & Eve.
Confused.com began contacting agencies in September last year but Mike Hoban, its marketing director, denied at the time that he would make an agency appointment.
In recent years, the bulk of the price-comparison site's advertising activity has been created in-house.
The company hired Beattie McGuinness Bungay to handle its business in October 2009, but parted with the agency just nine months later.
After the split with BMB, Confused.com launched a new campaign featuring an animated mascot called Cara.
Publicis will now be responsible for building on this campaign. Confused.com, which currently spends £28 million on advertising, according to Nielsen, is raising its marketing spend to £50 million in 2012. PHD handles its media planning and buying.
Hoban said: "The Cara campaign has proved to be a great success and now we look forward to Publicis helping us take Confused.com's advertising to the next level."
Publicis' appointment follows news last week that Confused.com's rival, Gocompare.com, is preparing to kick off its own search for an advertising agency.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Account Manager [Beauty Account] - Excellent London Agency - to £30k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £30k + great benefits, Central London
- Account Manager - Superb Central London Agency - to £30k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £30k, Central London
- Trading Sales Mnager, major RTB platform Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + +20-30k bonus, London
- Agency digital trading desk Account Manager Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + agency bens, London
- SEO Account Director Ultimate Asset £45000 - £50000 per annum + agency bens, London
- Nature Valley awards integrated business to start-up
- LMFM challenges bakers to be Brave on World Baking Day
- Samsung strikes placement deal with The Wanted
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
- Proximity's Justin Vir joins Havas Worldwide London
What we can all learn from how Daft Punk won the web