Southern Comfort brings brand character to Facebook
Southern Comfort, the Brown Forman-owned spirits brand, has launched a Facebook campaign featuring the fictional New Orlean's music legend, 'Baron Jazz'.
It is inviting Facebook users to submit New Year's resolutions via an app on its brand page and Baron Jazz will send back a personalised video message, which encourages them to "undo" their plans and "embrace the unexpected".
Grape Digital has created the campaign. The agency was appointed to the account in May last year, as part of the drinks maker's plans to appear more relevant through digital marketing activity.
The campaign follows in the wake of last year's hugely successful Old Spice social media campaign, featuring Isaiah Mustafa sending out personal messages.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- CRM & Social Media Manager | £50k | Leisure/Travel Salt £45000 - £50000 per annum + bonus & bens, Nottinghamshire
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £60,000 - £80,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Planning Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £100,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Virgin Holidays launches digital Caribbean push
- Yahoo appoints Marc Bignell as head of trading for the EMEA region
- Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned for suggesting alcohol conquers boredom
- McCann picked to resurrect Homepride's Fred
- McDonald's marks 40 years with charity ad
- Radio Times: 50 years of Doctor Who covers