Southern Comfort brings brand character to Facebook
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 20 January 2012 09:12AM
Southern Comfort, the Brown Forman-owned spirits brand, has launched a Facebook campaign featuring the fictional New Orlean's music legend, 'Baron Jazz'.
It is inviting Facebook users to submit New Year's resolutions via an app on its brand page and Baron Jazz will send back a personalised video message, which encourages them to "undo" their plans and "embrace the unexpected".
Grape Digital has created the campaign. The agency was appointed to the account in May last year, as part of the drinks maker's plans to appear more relevant through digital marketing activity.
The campaign follows in the wake of last year's hugely successful Old Spice social media campaign, featuring Isaiah Mustafa sending out personal messages.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Agency Sales Manager - Video Platform Aspire £32000.00 - £400000 per annum + commission, London
- Business Development Manager Adam Recruitment £38000 - £45000 per annum, Liverpool
- Senior Digital Project Manager Red Sofa London £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, East London
- Email Delivery Expert Direct Recruitment Up to £65,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager PR Adam Recruitment £28000 - £38000 per annum, Preston
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers