Southern Comfort brings brand character to Facebook
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 20 January 2012 09:12AM
Southern Comfort, the Brown Forman-owned spirits brand, has launched a Facebook campaign featuring the fictional New Orlean's music legend, 'Baron Jazz'.
It is inviting Facebook users to submit New Year's resolutions via an app on its brand page and Baron Jazz will send back a personalised video message, which encourages them to "undo" their plans and "embrace the unexpected".
Grape Digital has created the campaign. The agency was appointed to the account in May last year, as part of the drinks maker's plans to appear more relevant through digital marketing activity.
The campaign follows in the wake of last year's hugely successful Old Spice social media campaign, featuring Isaiah Mustafa sending out personal messages.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Graphic Designer - Tech brands Network Career Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum, City of London
- Middleweight FMCG Branding Designer Network Career Consultants £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Creative Lead - Fashion Network Career Consultants £60000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Web Project Manager (12 month FTC) Brand Recruitment £40000 per annum, Milton Keynes
- Multi Media Specialist Creative Recruitment £43000 - £45000 per annum, London
Agency: McCann Erickson
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad