Southern Comfort brings brand character to Facebook
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 20 January 2012 09:12AM
Southern Comfort, the Brown Forman-owned spirits brand, has launched a Facebook campaign featuring the fictional New Orlean's music legend, 'Baron Jazz'.
It is inviting Facebook users to submit New Year's resolutions via an app on its brand page and Baron Jazz will send back a personalised video message, which encourages them to "undo" their plans and "embrace the unexpected".
Grape Digital has created the campaign. The agency was appointed to the account in May last year, as part of the drinks maker's plans to appear more relevant through digital marketing activity.
The campaign follows in the wake of last year's hugely successful Old Spice social media campaign, featuring Isaiah Mustafa sending out personal messages.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Sales Manager - Exhibitions - Indonesia tfconnect global recruitment £30,000, Jakarta
- account manager collectivo Up to £32,000 + benefits, London (Greater)
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media