Lurpak and Observer Food Monthly magazine in year-long deal
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, mediaweek.co.uk, Friday, 20 January 2012 10:14AM
The Observer Food Monthly magazine has agreed a year-long media partnership with Arla butter brand Lurpak, focusing on new product Lurpak Lightest Spreadable.
The joint venture, developed by Carat, will launch with a Lurpak cover-wrap of the Observer Food Monthly magazine on Sunday (22 January).
Planned promotional activity for the brand will include 12 advertorials spread out over the next year in a column written by Edith Bowman, who will focus on one seasonal ingredient each month.
A series of creative executions will run throughout the year, including a Lurpak-branded seasonal wall planner, highlighting "key food dates" and "seasonal ingredients" throughout the year.
It is the first time The Guardian Brand Partnerships team has created the wall chart with a commercial partner.
The media deal is part of a £10m push around the launch of Lurpak Lightest Spreadable, which aligns itself with healthy eating, marking the brand's biggest product launch in 10 years.
Jessica Hardcastle, senior brand manager at Lurpak, said: "As food titles go, the Observer Food Monthly is a natural partner for Lurpak and a perfect way to reach our health-food-loving audience. It is a great platform to announce the new launch – our most significant for 10 years."
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Client Manager Brand Consultancy Packaging Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Account Director - communications agency Gabriele Skelton £60000 per annum, London
- Assistant Digital Fundraising Manager Spotlight Recruitment £34000 - £36000 per annum + great benefits, London
- Senior Media Planner - Exciting Mix of Clients Lipton Fleming £25000 - £30000 per annum + excellent benefits package, London
- Business Development Manager Forster c. £40k + benefits, London Bridge Station, London (Greater)
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood