Absolut Vodka launches augmented reality app
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 24 January 2012 09:09AM
Absolut Vodka is launching an iPhone and iPad app that uses augmented reality to take users on a tour of the drink's Swedish home.
The Absolut Truth app has been created in partnership with digital agency Great Works.
After downloading the app, users must scan an augmented reality code, which can be found on the specially created "neckhangers" on Absolut bottles or downloaded from www.absoluttruths.com.
The app takes consumers on a three-dimensional tour of Åhus, the small Swedish village where the vodka is produced. Users can explore the area to discover how the vodka is made, from the wheat fields to the distillery and the bottling plant. They will also be given a free drink recipe.
Franz Drack, global marketing manager at The Absolut Company, said: "We continuously try to bring our customers exceptional experiences, and by using augmented reality, we are adding a digital layer around our product.
"The application is one part entertainment and one part service."
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Business Director/GAD Contract or perm Barker Graves 80/85K, central london
- Marketing Partnerships Manager Stopgap £48000 per annum, London
- Senior/ Direct Marketing Executive Stopgap £21700 - £26000 per annum + Benefits, South East England
- Facebook creates first British TV campaign
- Campaign Viral Chart: Nasa sun explosion film enters the chart
- Gogglebox's Stephen and Chris launch EE TV
- Tiffany continues story of gay couple in TV ad
- Cannes Lions launches 'cheaper than redundancy' campaign
- Archant hires former ITV sales director as first chief commercial officer