Absolut Vodka launches augmented reality app
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 24 January 2012 09:09AM
Absolut Vodka is launching an iPhone and iPad app that uses augmented reality to take users on a tour of the drink's Swedish home.
The Absolut Truth app has been created in partnership with digital agency Great Works.
After downloading the app, users must scan an augmented reality code, which can be found on the specially created "neckhangers" on Absolut bottles or downloaded from www.absoluttruths.com.
The app takes consumers on a three-dimensional tour of Åhus, the small Swedish village where the vodka is produced. Users can explore the area to discover how the vodka is made, from the wheat fields to the distillery and the bottling plant. They will also be given a free drink recipe.
Franz Drack, global marketing manager at The Absolut Company, said: "We continuously try to bring our customers exceptional experiences, and by using augmented reality, we are adding a digital layer around our product.
"The application is one part entertainment and one part service."
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Consumer & Shopper Insight Manager(s) Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £45K-£60K + Car Allowance + Bonus, Herts/North of London
- SEO Account Manager Aspire £35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London
- Head of Digital Acquisition Source £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Ecommerce Trading Manager Source £28000 - £35000 per annum, London