Absolut Vodka launches augmented reality app
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 24 January 2012 09:09AM
Absolut Vodka is launching an iPhone and iPad app that uses augmented reality to take users on a tour of the drink's Swedish home.
The Absolut Truth app has been created in partnership with digital agency Great Works.
After downloading the app, users must scan an augmented reality code, which can be found on the specially created "neckhangers" on Absolut bottles or downloaded from www.absoluttruths.com.
The app takes consumers on a three-dimensional tour of Åhus, the small Swedish village where the vodka is produced. Users can explore the area to discover how the vodka is made, from the wheat fields to the distillery and the bottling plant. They will also be given a free drink recipe.
Franz Drack, global marketing manager at The Absolut Company, said: "We continuously try to bring our customers exceptional experiences, and by using augmented reality, we are adding a digital layer around our product.
"The application is one part entertainment and one part service."
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Account Manager - BTL / [Shopper] / Drinks - Integrated Agency - £34k to £39k Fill Recruitment £34k - £39k, plus superb benefits, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- Agency Sales Manager - soft-sell, premium inventory, top site! Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + bonus, West End
- Insights Project Manager Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 p.a, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Director Twist Recruitment £60000 - £65000 per annum, City of London
- Audience Development Director - SEO, Social & Content - CLIENT Ultimate Asset £75000 per annum + bens, Hammersmith and Fulham
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- UK agencies win 7 Media Lions
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Ogilvy & Mather's radio work for Dove 'reduces Cannes jury to tears'