House of Fraser targets students through social media
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 25 January 2012 09:12AM
House of Fraser is embarking on a major social media push targeting students, with an emphasis on appealing to those who have not the considered the brand before.
The department store is to promote itself as an online shopping destination for students.
It has partnered with the National Union of Students' (NUS) Extra Card, to launch a vouchering app on the House of Fraser Facebook page.
The app, created by We Are Social, enables students who "like" the brand on Facebook to receive a 10% discount when shopping on its site.
It is also offering "flash discounts" via the social network to students.
House of Fraser, which has a sizable presence in UK university towns, already offers the discount in-store.
It is hoping that through Facebook it can appeal to a younger demographic and attract first-time purchasers, both online and in store.
The activity is part of House of Fraser's wider multi-channel strategy, to create consistency in the online and offline experience.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- CREATIVE DIRECTORS Live Recruitment Negotiable, England
- DIGITAL DESIGNER - DIGITAL AGENCY Live Recruitment £23000 - £28000 per annum + BENS, Surrey
- GRAPHIC DESIGNER - AGENCY Live Recruitment £NEG + BENEFITS, Hertfordshire
- DESIGNER - AGENCY Live Recruitment DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE, North West England
- DESIGNERS - DIGITAL, INTEGRATED AND PRINT Live Recruitment £competitive, West Midlands
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers