House of Fraser targets students through social media
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 25 January 2012 09:12AM
House of Fraser is embarking on a major social media push targeting students, with an emphasis on appealing to those who have not the considered the brand before.
The department store is to promote itself as an online shopping destination for students.
It has partnered with the National Union of Students' (NUS) Extra Card, to launch a vouchering app on the House of Fraser Facebook page.
The app, created by We Are Social, enables students who "like" the brand on Facebook to receive a 10% discount when shopping on its site.
It is also offering "flash discounts" via the social network to students.
House of Fraser, which has a sizable presence in UK university towns, already offers the discount in-store.
It is hoping that through Facebook it can appeal to a younger demographic and attract first-time purchasers, both online and in store.
The activity is part of House of Fraser's wider multi-channel strategy, to create consistency in the online and offline experience.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- PPC Account Manager - massive global agency! SAVVY Media Ltd £30-40K, London (Greater)
- Sr Designer Red Sofa London £40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum, London
- Designer Red Sofa London £35000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Gogglebox's Stephen and Chris launch EE TV
- Tiffany continues story of gay couple in TV ad
- Cannes Lions launches 'cheaper than redundancy' campaign
- Archant hires former ITV sales director as first chief commercial officer
- Burberry to feature tweet-activated camera during catwalk show
- Lego wins the Oscar's brand gong