House of Fraser targets students through social media
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 25 January 2012 09:12AM
House of Fraser is embarking on a major social media push targeting students, with an emphasis on appealing to those who have not the considered the brand before.
The department store is to promote itself as an online shopping destination for students.
It has partnered with the National Union of Students' (NUS) Extra Card, to launch a vouchering app on the House of Fraser Facebook page.
The app, created by We Are Social, enables students who "like" the brand on Facebook to receive a 10% discount when shopping on its site.
It is also offering "flash discounts" via the social network to students.
House of Fraser, which has a sizable presence in UK university towns, already offers the discount in-store.
It is hoping that through Facebook it can appeal to a younger demographic and attract first-time purchasers, both online and in store.
The activity is part of House of Fraser's wider multi-channel strategy, to create consistency in the online and offline experience.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Digital Project Manager Stopgap £135 - £150 per day, London
- Communications Executive Stopgap £115 per day, London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief