House of Fraser targets students through social media
House of Fraser is embarking on a major social media push targeting students, with an emphasis on appealing to those who have not the considered the brand before.
The department store is to promote itself as an online shopping destination for students.
It has partnered with the National Union of Students' (NUS) Extra Card, to launch a vouchering app on the House of Fraser Facebook page.
The app, created by We Are Social, enables students who "like" the brand on Facebook to receive a 10% discount when shopping on its site.
It is also offering "flash discounts" via the social network to students.
House of Fraser, which has a sizable presence in UK university towns, already offers the discount in-store.
It is hoping that through Facebook it can appeal to a younger demographic and attract first-time purchasers, both online and in store.
The activity is part of House of Fraser's wider multi-channel strategy, to create consistency in the online and offline experience.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Marketing & Sales Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £26,000 - £36,000, Central London
- Graphic Designer (10 month contract) Better Placed Recruitment £18000 - £20000 per annum, Manchester
- Online Marketing Manager - Client Side - London Major Players £45000 - £600000 per annum, London
- Web Conversion Analyst Better Placed Recruitment £20000 - £30000 per annum + Benefits, North West England