House of Fraser targets students through social media
House of Fraser is embarking on a major social media push targeting students, with an emphasis on appealing to those who have not the considered the brand before.
The department store is to promote itself as an online shopping destination for students.
It has partnered with the National Union of Students' (NUS) Extra Card, to launch a vouchering app on the House of Fraser Facebook page.
The app, created by We Are Social, enables students who "like" the brand on Facebook to receive a 10% discount when shopping on its site.
It is also offering "flash discounts" via the social network to students.
House of Fraser, which has a sizable presence in UK university towns, already offers the discount in-store.
It is hoping that through Facebook it can appeal to a younger demographic and attract first-time purchasers, both online and in store.
The activity is part of House of Fraser's wider multi-channel strategy, to create consistency in the online and offline experience.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- New Business Manager Beyond The Book £30,000-£40,000 +bonus+car, Derbyshire / Leicestershire / Lincolnshire / Northamptonshire / Nottinghamshire
- Marketing Manager Nu Creative Talent £26500.00 - £33000.00 per annum + excellent benefits, Hertfordshire
- Midweight-Senior Creative Team Major Players £50000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Communications Executive Haymarket Media Group Dependant on Experience, Teddington, London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account