Mindshare picks up £2m Diet Chef media business
By Mark Banham, mediaweek.co.uk, Wednesday, 25 January 2012 11:35AM
Mindshare has been awarded the £2m media planning and buying account for weight control company Diet Chef.
The WPP agency was appointed without a pitch and will handle media activity across DRTV, radio and third party inserts.
Diet Chef was founded in 2007 in Scotland and operates in the UK and Germany, serving 80,000 customers. The service provides 1,200 and 1,500-calorie-a -ay hampers as part of a weight-loss programme and was founded by chef Kevin Dorren.
The incumbent on the account was All Response Media.
Liz Dale, head of marketing at Diet Chef, said: "We are pleased to be working with Mindshare on optimising our TV buying. The Diet Chef brand is going from strength to strength and we look forward to working with Mindshare to broaden our customer appeal and meet our ambitious targets for growth."
Lucy Stafford, managing director for direct at Mindshare, said: "This is an exciting young business that has been trading for three years and has ambitious growth plans.
"We are really excited to be working with such a fast-growing and dynamic direct response business and look forward to working with Diet Chef to achieve their business targets."
Follow Mark Banham on Twitter @Banham72
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Bespoke Print Project Manager Red Sofa London £35000 - £40000 per annum, City of London
- Marketing Analyst - Online Retail Jarlett de Grouchy £23000 - £28000 per annum + Benefits, Sleaford
- Web Designer / Front End Developer Guru Careers £45 - 50k + Benefits, Based in London (SE1)
- Head of Marketing - Commercial/B2B Berwick Partners Excellent basic plus benefits, Central London/Berkshire
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency