Specsavers launches £39m media contest
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 26 January 2012 08:00AM
Specsavers is reviewing its £39 million UK media planning and buying business, which is currently held by MEC and MediaCom.
The optician has split its business between Group M agencies for seven years. MEC looks after the national planning and buying, while MediaCom is responsible for regional activity.
It is understood that Specsavers has called the review as part of a "statutory best practice" approach to its suppliers. The process is being led by the global marketing director, Richard Holmes, and the marketing director, Tim Orton.
The client has approached agencies and chemistry meetings have been scheduled for next week. The incumbent agencies are expected to repitch for the business.
Last year, Specsavers, which handles its creative in-house, temporarily dropped its famous "Should’ve gone to Specsavers" strapline. It soon reverted back to the strapline in its recent execution, which featured a naked man going into a steamy sauna and realising it is the kitchen of a Gordon Ramsay restaurant.
Recent advertising activity has focused on Specsavers’ value range, though the retailer also stocks designer glasses.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Freelance Product/ Industrial Designer Purple Consultancy £250 - £350 per day, London
- Account Manager / Senior Account Manager Royds Raphael £37k-£45k+ dep. on experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - STRATEGIC CREATIVE B2B AGENCY Live Recruitment £32000 - £40000 per annum, Richmond upon Thames