W+K Honda campaign lands top Anna award
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 25 January 2012 10:00PM
Wieden+Kennedy has won the top prize at the Awards for National Newspaper Advertising for the third time in the event's seven years.
The agency won the Campaign of the Year prize at the ceremony, run by the Newspaper Marketing Agency, for the Honda executions "sweetcorn", "lightbulb" and "fish".
The £20,000 cash prize was presented to the W&K creative team Sam Heath, Chris Groom, Sophie Bodoh and Sean Murphy.
Gerry Moira, a judge on the panel and the chairman and director of creativity at Euro RSCG London, who nominated the ad, said: "In a newspaper full of shiny showroom cars, these ads stand out. OK, they’re not burdened with having to sell low APR rates and finance packages, but they exploit and explain their brand messaging with great style."
The Art Direction award went to Mark Reddy and Rich Kennedy at Bartle Bogle Hegarty for their Audi A1 execution "a big idea condensed".
Anthony Stamp and Richard Yates, from VCCP, won the Copywriting award for their "To fly. To save" campaign for easyJet.
The Digital award went to Albion and Walker Media for the Air New Zealand "forget everything you know about flying" work.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior PPC Manager Direct Recruitment £27,000 -£33,000, London
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £35,000 - £39,000, London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Bosch secures sponsorship deal with Channel 4's Sunday Brunch