JWT London wins Royal Caribbean International
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 26 January 2012 11:00AM
Royal Caribbean International has appointed JWT London as its first UK advertising agency.
The shop triumphed in a pitch against VCCP Blue and Isobel to handle the estimated £6 million account.
JWT is the global incumbent on the business with the account run out of its New York office. Royal Caribbean had previously adapted its international campaigns to run in the UK market, but the appointment of JWT London marks the first time that it will run work specifically targeting a UK audience.
The cruise ship market has recently been hit by the sinking of the Costa Concordia, which resulted in the deaths of several passengers.
James Whitehead, the executive partner of JWT London, commented: "We're very pleased to be partnering Royal Caribbean in the UK and it's going to be a challenging year ahead."
The media account, at AMS, is not affected by the review.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Senior UX/IA Mobile Designer - 3 Month Contract - London Network Career Consultants £300 - £350 per day, London
- Junior Account Executive Pitch Consultants £15000 - £18000 per annum, Birmingham
- French Speaking Graphic designer | Corporate communications - Global Healthcare Brand Aquent Competitive day rate, Hertfordshire
- Client Services Director - Full-Service Digital Agency Silverdrum to £55,000 + benefits, London