JWT London wins Royal Caribbean International
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 26 January 2012 11:00AM
Royal Caribbean International has appointed JWT London as its first UK advertising agency.
The shop triumphed in a pitch against VCCP Blue and Isobel to handle the estimated £6 million account.
JWT is the global incumbent on the business with the account run out of its New York office. Royal Caribbean had previously adapted its international campaigns to run in the UK market, but the appointment of JWT London marks the first time that it will run work specifically targeting a UK audience.
The cruise ship market has recently been hit by the sinking of the Costa Concordia, which resulted in the deaths of several passengers.
James Whitehead, the executive partner of JWT London, commented: "We're very pleased to be partnering Royal Caribbean in the UK and it's going to be a challenging year ahead."
The media account, at AMS, is not affected by the review.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Inhouse EMEA Marketing Director - Technology Media Recruitment £100k+, London (City of), London (Greater)
- Digital Account Manager / Project Manager ADLIB £24000 - £30000 per annum, Swindon
- POWERPOINT OPERATOR 35K LONDON Creative Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Account Director Major Players £42000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Product Sub Editor and Translator (German speaking) Major Players £25000 - £40000 per annum, London
- ASA receives 240 complaints about Sainsbury's Christmas ad
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran