JWT London wins Royal Caribbean International
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 26 January 2012 11:00AM
Royal Caribbean International has appointed JWT London as its first UK advertising agency.
The shop triumphed in a pitch against VCCP Blue and Isobel to handle the estimated £6 million account.
JWT is the global incumbent on the business with the account run out of its New York office. Royal Caribbean had previously adapted its international campaigns to run in the UK market, but the appointment of JWT London marks the first time that it will run work specifically targeting a UK audience.
The cruise ship market has recently been hit by the sinking of the Costa Concordia, which resulted in the deaths of several passengers.
James Whitehead, the executive partner of JWT London, commented: "We're very pleased to be partnering Royal Caribbean in the UK and it's going to be a challenging year ahead."
The media account, at AMS, is not affected by the review.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Retail Store Designer Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £33000 per annum + bonus and benefits, London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show