JWT London wins Royal Caribbean International
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 26 January 2012 11:00AM
Royal Caribbean International has appointed JWT London as its first UK advertising agency.
The shop triumphed in a pitch against VCCP Blue and Isobel to handle the estimated £6 million account.
JWT is the global incumbent on the business with the account run out of its New York office. Royal Caribbean had previously adapted its international campaigns to run in the UK market, but the appointment of JWT London marks the first time that it will run work specifically targeting a UK audience.
The cruise ship market has recently been hit by the sinking of the Costa Concordia, which resulted in the deaths of several passengers.
James Whitehead, the executive partner of JWT London, commented: "We're very pleased to be partnering Royal Caribbean in the UK and it's going to be a challenging year ahead."
The media account, at AMS, is not affected by the review.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager Tomorrow Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, West End
- Search Manager Aspire £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, London
- Creative Project Manager/Production Manager become £30k-£42k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Pitch Consultants £40000 - £50000 per annum, Manchester
- Campaign Manager,Professional services,London,£50k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Benefits: +excellent benefits, London
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44