Hamid Habib to head MPG division
By Maisie McCabe, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 26 January 2012 11:45AM
MPG Media Contacts has appointed Hamid Habib, the head of strategy at Zenith Media, as a managing partner.
Habib joins the Havas Media agency to head Catalyst, its new strategy and research unit.
He will lead a team of 30 strategists, researchers and analysts who will focus on providing insights during the early stage of the planning process.
Habib will sit on the agency's eight-strong management board and report to Paul Frampton, the managing director.
His arrival boosts MPG's planning firepower following the departure of Dan Hagen, the strategy partner, to Carat in September last year.
As the head of strategy at Zenith Media, Habib was involved in last year's successful Royal Bank of Scotland pitch.
Frampton said: "Hamid has an eclectic mix of experience which fits with our move from being a media agency to being a creative, modern media business. He is inspiring in front of clients and we are very impressed with this 360-degree view of the world."
The Catalyst unit was created as part of a restructure that divided the agency into three teams (the others being client leadership and planning and delivery) at the end of last year.
Among those reporting to Habib will be Kate Cox, who leads strategy; Denise Turner, who is responsible for intelligence; and a to-be-appointed head of ideas.
Marc Mendoza, the MPG chief executive, said: "Hamid's appointment shows how serious MPG Media Contacts is about investing in our products and services to become the sort of modern media business our clients need to steer them through the complex media landscape in the coming decade."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- In-House Graphic Designer Major Players £30000 - £40000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Insight Director, Technology & Financial Jarlett de Grouchy £65000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Sales Executive - Performance & Brand - Emerging Tech Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account