Samsung invites customers to shoot Tulisa music video
Samsung has teamed up with 'The X Factor' judge Tulisa Contostavlos to offer Phones4U customers the chance to shoot a music video at an exclusive gig with the singer.
The collaboration marks the first time that Samsung has launched a promotion with Contostavlos, who has become a household name since joining 'The X Factor'.
The tie-up means that customers who buy a Samsung Galaxy phone from Phones4U from tomorrow (27 January) will stand a chance of winning a ticket to the solo gig by Contostavlos, who is also a member of N-Dubz.
Winners of the competition will be asked to use their new phone to film Contostavlos performing, with the footage being used to create an alternative music video to support the release of Tulisa's new single.
Samsung will invite 100 competition winners to attend the shoot with a friend.
All customers who buy a Samsung Galaxy Phone from Phones4U will receive preview content from Tulisa's upcoming solo career, including video footage, photographs and wallpapers.
The promotion will be supported in-store at Phones4U, with Tulisa set to make a personal appearance at the best-performing store.
Samsung is pursuing a policy of major music partnerships and was the headline sponsor of last year's Progress Live tour by Take That.
Contostavlos was recently embroiled in a controversy over claims that she was promoting her perfume during an episode of 'The Xtra Factor'.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Head of Marketing, Beauty Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £60000 - £100000 per annum, London
- Client Services/ Head of Commercial/ Business Development Premier Media £45000 - £55000 per annum + up to 20% bonus, London
- Digital Producer - Games Digital Gurus £35000 - £45000 Per Annum, London
- Sales and Marketing Manager Stopgap £30000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Head of SEO Ultimate Asset £50000 - £65000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- ASA receives 240 complaints about Sainsbury's Christmas ad
- John Lewis Christmas ad gets three times more views than Sainsbury's in first 24 hours
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Watch: Ant and Dec star in Morrisons' festive campaign
- DigitasLBi is on hunt for new media leader as Ling exits
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK