Samsung invites customers to shoot Tulisa music video
Samsung has teamed up with 'The X Factor' judge Tulisa Contostavlos to offer Phones4U customers the chance to shoot a music video at an exclusive gig with the singer.
The collaboration marks the first time that Samsung has launched a promotion with Contostavlos, who has become a household name since joining 'The X Factor'.
The tie-up means that customers who buy a Samsung Galaxy phone from Phones4U from tomorrow (27 January) will stand a chance of winning a ticket to the solo gig by Contostavlos, who is also a member of N-Dubz.
Winners of the competition will be asked to use their new phone to film Contostavlos performing, with the footage being used to create an alternative music video to support the release of Tulisa's new single.
Samsung will invite 100 competition winners to attend the shoot with a friend.
All customers who buy a Samsung Galaxy Phone from Phones4U will receive preview content from Tulisa's upcoming solo career, including video footage, photographs and wallpapers.
The promotion will be supported in-store at Phones4U, with Tulisa set to make a personal appearance at the best-performing store.
Samsung is pursuing a policy of major music partnerships and was the headline sponsor of last year's Progress Live tour by Take That.
Contostavlos was recently embroiled in a controversy over claims that she was promoting her perfume during an episode of 'The Xtra Factor'.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Visual Merchandiser & Store Design Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £80 - £150 per day, London
- Freelance Mid-weight Digital Producer Red Sofa London £200 - £250 per day, London
- Traffic Manager Red Sofa London £22000.00 - £25000.00 per annum, London
- What the end of Page 3 means for advertising
- Havas partners with Facebook's Atlas for multi-device ad targeting
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood