NMA unveils sports films
The Newspaper Marketing Agency (NMA) has created a set of stop-frame animation films as part of a campaign to emphasise the passion readers have for sports coverage in newspapers.
The ads use the strapline 'Newspapers. Bringing Sport To Life in 2012' to demonstrate the varied editorial, commentary and news in the sports pages of the UK's national newspapers.
The films were directed by Danny Vaia at Disqo and use stop-motion animation and actual newspaper coverage of sporting events to demonstrate the variety of print and online content newspapers offer their readers.
At McCann London the art director was Javier Gomez, with copywriter Mike Oughton. The lead animator was Paddy Lerwill and the ads were voiced by actor Brian Cox.
The campaign follows the appointment of former Haymarket Brand Media managing director Rufus Olins as the chief executive of the NMA, replacing Maureen Duffy who left the trade organisation at the end of last year.
The three versions of the film (a one minute 40-second brand film, a 40-second cutdown, and a special Olympic themed version) will be available on the NMA Website and YouTube.
Olins said: "2012 is going to be a huge year for sport, and we wanted to remind marketers of the strong emotional involvement our readers have with the sports pages, and the opportunity for brands to connect with this passionate audience."
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency