NMA unveils sports films
The Newspaper Marketing Agency (NMA) has created a set of stop-frame animation films as part of a campaign to emphasise the passion readers have for sports coverage in newspapers.
The ads use the strapline 'Newspapers. Bringing Sport To Life in 2012' to demonstrate the varied editorial, commentary and news in the sports pages of the UK's national newspapers.
The films were directed by Danny Vaia at Disqo and use stop-motion animation and actual newspaper coverage of sporting events to demonstrate the variety of print and online content newspapers offer their readers.
At McCann London the art director was Javier Gomez, with copywriter Mike Oughton. The lead animator was Paddy Lerwill and the ads were voiced by actor Brian Cox.
The campaign follows the appointment of former Haymarket Brand Media managing director Rufus Olins as the chief executive of the NMA, replacing Maureen Duffy who left the trade organisation at the end of last year.
The three versions of the film (a one minute 40-second brand film, a 40-second cutdown, and a special Olympic themed version) will be available on the NMA Website and YouTube.
Olins said: "2012 is going to be a huge year for sport, and we wanted to remind marketers of the strong emotional involvement our readers have with the sports pages, and the opportunity for brands to connect with this passionate audience."
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Senior International Digital Account Manager - Music Accounts! Ultimate Asset £38000 - £45000 per annum + Great Benefits Package , City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager- Retail - up to £45k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40k-£45k plus bonus , London
- Senior Brand Manager - Consumer Health/FMCG Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£48K-£55K + Car Allowance + Bonus, West of London/Berks