PHD buys majority stake in South African agency
By Nick Batten, mediaweek.co.uk, Friday, 27 January 2012 11:00AM
PHD has formed a strategic alliance with South African media planning agency Page Three Media, taking a 70% shareholding.
Page Three managing director Anne Dearnaley and directors Lynnette Heyns and llan Lazarus will stay with the agency and retain a 30% shareholding.
The agency has billings of more than 1bn rand (approximately £80m).
It plans to establish a presence in Johannesburg under the PHD Worldwide banner, as strong as its presence in Cape Town.
Mike Cooper, CEO of PHD Worldwide, said: "We believe [Page Three] will faithfully deliver our thinking and approach to clients in South Africa. All of us across our 72-office global network are really excited to be welcoming them to PHD worldwide.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Senior International Digital Account Manager - Music Accounts! Ultimate Asset £38000 - £45000 per annum + Great Benefits Package , City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager- Retail - up to £45k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40k-£45k plus bonus , London
- Senior Brand Manager - Consumer Health/FMCG Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£48K-£55K + Car Allowance + Bonus, West of London/Berks