PHD buys majority stake in South African agency
By Nick Batten, mediaweek.co.uk, Friday, 27 January 2012 11:00AM
PHD has formed a strategic alliance with South African media planning agency Page Three Media, taking a 70% shareholding.
Page Three managing director Anne Dearnaley and directors Lynnette Heyns and llan Lazarus will stay with the agency and retain a 30% shareholding.
The agency has billings of more than 1bn rand (approximately £80m).
It plans to establish a presence in Johannesburg under the PHD Worldwide banner, as strong as its presence in Cape Town.
Mike Cooper, CEO of PHD Worldwide, said: "We believe [Page Three] will faithfully deliver our thinking and approach to clients in South Africa. All of us across our 72-office global network are really excited to be welcoming them to PHD worldwide.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Senior Account Director Stopgap £55000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Artworker / All-rounder AF Selection £23,000 - £30,000, Birmingham, West Midlands
- Account Manager Stopgap £28000 - £33000 per annum, London
- Freelance Senior Account Manager Stopgap £180 - £200 per annum, London