PHD buys majority stake in South African agency
By Nick Batten, mediaweek.co.uk, Friday, 27 January 2012 11:00AM
PHD has formed a strategic alliance with South African media planning agency Page Three Media, taking a 70% shareholding.
Page Three managing director Anne Dearnaley and directors Lynnette Heyns and llan Lazarus will stay with the agency and retain a 30% shareholding.
The agency has billings of more than 1bn rand (approximately £80m).
It plans to establish a presence in Johannesburg under the PHD Worldwide banner, as strong as its presence in Cape Town.
Mike Cooper, CEO of PHD Worldwide, said: "We believe [Page Three] will faithfully deliver our thinking and approach to clients in South Africa. All of us across our 72-office global network are really excited to be welcoming them to PHD worldwide.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Director of Marketing and Communications (maternity cover) Almeida Theatre circa £38,000 per annum dependent on experience, Islington, North London
- Market Research - Senior Position - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai- UAE
- Biddable Account Manager - PPC - Superb Clients Ultimate Asset £28000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account Director Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: + annual bonus, Manchester
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'