AKQA opens Paris office
By Sarah Shearman, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 30 January 2012 09:00AM
AKQA, the independent digital agency, has opened its first office in France with Nike as its founding client.
The UK-founded agency, which recently won Campaign's digital agency of the year, has seven other offices worldwide, employing 1,100. It was founded in 1995.
The creative team leading the Paris agency's output at launch are Peter Lund, creative director and Nicolai Smith, associate creative director. Julien Veillon, associate creative director and native French copywriter will be working in partnership with the team.
Nike currently handles some creative work in-house in France in addition to using a number of agencies.
AKQA is recruiting for its Paris office and plans to expand the staff count to 40. It will be managed by Guy Wieynk, European managing director of AKQA.
This month, AKQA and Wieden+Kennedy launched Nike's 'Make it Count' Olympic campaign.
AKQA also worked on the Nike Training Club app, which reached the top of the App Store in more than 21 countries, and an online film featuring singer Ellie Goulding.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater), South East England
- Customer Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + c/a, South East England
- Senior Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + car or c/a, London (Greater)
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham