T-Mobile rolls out 'Full Monty' unlimited deal
T-Mobile is launching a proposition called 'The Full Monty' this week, which will offer customers unlimited calls, texts and data, with a major campaign coinciding with new activity from sister brand Orange.
T-Mobile customers will be able to sign up to the uncapped package from 1 February for £41 a month.
The unlimited data package will also include tethering, which allows the phone to be used to provide a Wi-Fi connection for other computers and tablets.
It is believed T-Mobile hopes the proposition will position it as a good-value brand that can compete with O2 and Vodafone, while offering the prices of Three and Tesco Mobile.
Three currently offers unlimited data and tethering for £25 a month via its One Plan, but caps cross-network calls at 2,000 minutes.
The Orange campaign will also launch this week, but will not involve a new proposition.
A spokeswoman for the parent company Everything Everywhere said: "There's not actually a new proposition for the Orange campaign. It will be a proposition that we already have out there.
Speculation about the future of the T-Mobile and Orange brands was sparked once again earlier this month by a bond issue prospectus issued by Everything Everywhere, which said: "The development of an additional or new brand is an option under consideration, which may be complementary to or in substitution for one or both of the existing brands of T-Mobile and Orange."
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Digital Account Manager Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + Commission + Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Strategy Director Lipton Fleming £80000 - £85000 per annum + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Client Sales Executive - Untapped, unlimited potential! Ultimate Asset £20000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, Camden, London (Greater)
- Agency Sales Account Manager Ultimate Asset £20000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, Camden, London (Greater)
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- ITV's Adam Crozier: 'Work to be done' after losing out to C4 during World Cup
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film