Npower hires Axa's Britton to top marketing post
Npower has hired Axa marketer Debbie Britton to the post of director of customer marketing with a mandate to "rebuild trust" in the brand.
Britton joins the energy company on 1 February from her role as strategic marketing director at insurer Axa UK, having previously held the position of head of marketing at Norwich and Peterborough Building Society.
She replaces Kevin Peake, who left Npower in August following 11 years with the brand, before subsequently joining Aviva as interim brand, sponsorship and corporate responsibility director.
Giuseppe Di Vita, managing director, customer markets at Npower, said: "Debbie joins the industry at a time when it faces many challenges on many different fronts.
"Perhaps our most important challenge is to re-engage with consumers to rebuild levels of trust. I have no doubt we have the team in place at Npower to begin that journey."
Last year, Npower rolled out a loyalty programme offering to reward consumers with exclusive deals from brands to which it provides energy services. The 'In Good Company' scheme provided deals from Caffe Nero, the Football League and the National Trust.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Account Manager Tomorrow Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, West End
- Search Manager Aspire £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, London
- Creative Project Manager/Production Manager become £30k-£42k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Pitch Consultants £40000 - £50000 per annum, Manchester
- Campaign Manager,Professional services,London,£50k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Benefits: +excellent benefits, London
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44