Breast Cancer Care trials 'hard-hitting' ad approach
Breast Cancer Care is to swap its pink-themed messaging for a more hard-hitting positioning, including the potential rebranding of its Pink Ribbonwalk fundraiser.
The charity will launch a trial campaign next week, pledging to support ‘the woman behind the cancer’. The ads show a confident woman with a mastectomy scar, no hair or clothes, covered in pills.
Breast Cancer Care hopes to achieve greater cut-through with the more hard-hitting approach, having struggled for brand awareness against Macmillan Cancer Support and Cancer Research UK.
Jane Heath, head of communications and marketing at Breast Cancer Care, said consumers ‘want to see something different and more realistic’.
The results of the trial campaign will be reviewed in the autumn.
The campaign has been developed by M&C Saatchi and The Mill on a pro-bono basis.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager / Account Manager David Thatcher Recruitment £32-40k dep experience, Surrey
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £300 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Copywriter Dubai MCG Associates Salary tax free plus relocation costs plus private healthcare, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)