Breast Cancer Care trials 'hard-hitting' ad approach
Breast Cancer Care is to swap its pink-themed messaging for a more hard-hitting positioning, including the potential rebranding of its Pink Ribbonwalk fundraiser.
The charity will launch a trial campaign next week, pledging to support ‘the woman behind the cancer’. The ads show a confident woman with a mastectomy scar, no hair or clothes, covered in pills.
Breast Cancer Care hopes to achieve greater cut-through with the more hard-hitting approach, having struggled for brand awareness against Macmillan Cancer Support and Cancer Research UK.
Jane Heath, head of communications and marketing at Breast Cancer Care, said consumers ‘want to see something different and more realistic’.
The results of the trial campaign will be reviewed in the autumn.
The campaign has been developed by M&C Saatchi and The Mill on a pro-bono basis.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Associate Research Director Jarlett de Grouchy £35000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Senior Strategist Source £52000 - £62000 per annum, London
- Part-Time Social Media and Web Coordinator - 12 month contract Brand Recruitment £19000 per annum + pro rata, Northampton
- Data Analyst Stopgap £23000 - £25000 per annum, London