Yahoo launches search tool for iPhone and Android apps
By Sarah Shearman, mediaweek.co.uk, Wednesday, 01 February 2012 11:38AM
Yahoo has launched an app search engine, which enables UK smartphone users to find and download apps for both iPhone and Android devices.
The App Search tool collates 350,000 apps from Apple's App Store and 200,000 apps from Google's Android Market, listed by device, price and category.
Users can download the app by clicking on "send app to phone". They will then receive a text message from Yahoo containing a link. Alternatively, users can scan a QR code on the site to automatically download the app to their phone.
This week Marketing revealed that Yahoo's European marketing department had undergone a major restructure and promoted Robert Bridge, former business-to-business marketing director for EMEA, to the role of senior director and head of marketing for the region.
The company's marketing strategy will be based around "fewer and bigger ways" of engaging consumers, such as product launches, content and editorial.
One of the company's major launches in the UK will be for its Livestand social news feature, which rolled out in the US last year.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Recruitment Consultant Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, Stratfordupon Avon
- Senior Account Manager Gemini Search £32000 - £36000 per annum, London
- Freelance Creative Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £150 - £350 per annum, London
- Senior Interior Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Presentation Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood