Yahoo launches search tool for iPhone and Android apps
By Sarah Shearman, mediaweek.co.uk, Wednesday, 01 February 2012 11:38AM
Yahoo has launched an app search engine, which enables UK smartphone users to find and download apps for both iPhone and Android devices.
The App Search tool collates 350,000 apps from Apple's App Store and 200,000 apps from Google's Android Market, listed by device, price and category.
Users can download the app by clicking on "send app to phone". They will then receive a text message from Yahoo containing a link. Alternatively, users can scan a QR code on the site to automatically download the app to their phone.
This week Marketing revealed that Yahoo's European marketing department had undergone a major restructure and promoted Robert Bridge, former business-to-business marketing director for EMEA, to the role of senior director and head of marketing for the region.
The company's marketing strategy will be based around "fewer and bigger ways" of engaging consumers, such as product launches, content and editorial.
One of the company's major launches in the UK will be for its Livestand social news feature, which rolled out in the US last year.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Freelance Account Manager/ Senior Account Manager Prospect Resourcing Ltd £150 - £200 per day, London (Greater)
- Digital Creative Director - (Copy) £75,000 London EC2 Mark Paine Recruitment to £75,000 plus benefits, EC2A 1AE, London (Greater)
- SEO Manager - Client-side! Leading UK Lifestyle Publisher! Ultimate Asset £45000 per annum, Hammersmith and Fulham
- Sales Manager - Video, Mobile & TV plus some management Ultimate Asset £38000 - £45000 per annum + commission & benefits, London
- Design Director - Global Packaging Design Agency - Farringdon Twist Recruitment £50000 - £60000 per annum + very good benefits , City of London
- WPP, Daily Mail and SnapChat launch content agency Truffle Pig
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- UK agencies win 7 Media Lions
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account