M&C Saatchi returns to New York
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 01 February 2012 12:09PM
M&C Saatchi has hired Jeff Brooks from Euro RSCG New York to spearhead the revival of its New York office, which was folded into its Los Angeles office in 2008.
Brooks will take the role of chief executive at the end of February, reporting to Moray MacLennan, M&C Saatchi Worldwide chief executive
The agency is yet to find a client, but will be based in the same Park Avenue offices as M&C Saatchi group's existing New York outposts of M&C Saatchi Mobile, M&C Saatchi PR and brand consultancy Clear.
MacLennan said: "New York is the final strategic piece of the puzzle. M&C Saatchi's goal is to be in as few places as necessary, rather than as many as possible. Hiring someone of Jeff's calibre clearly indicates that we have significant plans for New York."
Brooks joins M&C Saatchi with more than 20 years' industry experience at agencies including Grey, BBDO and Euro RSCG and he launched a technology start-up earlier in his career.
Brooks said: "The wind is most definitely at our backs. Clients are demanding new ways of working with their agencies. The opportunity to build a future-forward agency attached to one of the most iconic names in the history of our industry is thrilling."
M&C Saatchi first opened in New York in the 1990s to service its British Airways client.
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Project Manager / Account Manager Story Recruitment £30-38k dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Yahoo hosts exclusive X-Men: Days of Future Past films