M&C Saatchi returns to New York
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 01 February 2012 12:09PM
M&C Saatchi has hired Jeff Brooks from Euro RSCG New York to spearhead the revival of its New York office, which was folded into its Los Angeles office in 2008.
Brooks will take the role of chief executive at the end of February, reporting to Moray MacLennan, M&C Saatchi Worldwide chief executive
The agency is yet to find a client, but will be based in the same Park Avenue offices as M&C Saatchi group's existing New York outposts of M&C Saatchi Mobile, M&C Saatchi PR and brand consultancy Clear.
MacLennan said: "New York is the final strategic piece of the puzzle. M&C Saatchi's goal is to be in as few places as necessary, rather than as many as possible. Hiring someone of Jeff's calibre clearly indicates that we have significant plans for New York."
Brooks joins M&C Saatchi with more than 20 years' industry experience at agencies including Grey, BBDO and Euro RSCG and he launched a technology start-up earlier in his career.
Brooks said: "The wind is most definitely at our backs. Clients are demanding new ways of working with their agencies. The opportunity to build a future-forward agency attached to one of the most iconic names in the history of our industry is thrilling."
M&C Saatchi first opened in New York in the 1990s to service its British Airways client.
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Marketing Executive Stopgap £35000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Juinor Account Manager - Digtial Media - Saas Ultimate Asset £24000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager and Account Director Stopgap £50000 per annum, South East England
- Virgin Holidays launches digital Caribbean push
- Bloomberg appoints Matt Teeman as commercial director EMEA
- Yahoo appoints Marc Bignell as head of trading for the EMEA region
- Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned for suggesting alcohol conquers boredom
- McCann picked to resurrect Homepride's Fred
- Radio Times: 50 years of Doctor Who covers