M&C Saatchi returns to New York
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 01 February 2012 12:09PM
M&C Saatchi has hired Jeff Brooks from Euro RSCG New York to spearhead the revival of its New York office, which was folded into its Los Angeles office in 2008.
Brooks will take the role of chief executive at the end of February, reporting to Moray MacLennan, M&C Saatchi Worldwide chief executive
The agency is yet to find a client, but will be based in the same Park Avenue offices as M&C Saatchi group's existing New York outposts of M&C Saatchi Mobile, M&C Saatchi PR and brand consultancy Clear.
MacLennan said: "New York is the final strategic piece of the puzzle. M&C Saatchi's goal is to be in as few places as necessary, rather than as many as possible. Hiring someone of Jeff's calibre clearly indicates that we have significant plans for New York."
Brooks joins M&C Saatchi with more than 20 years' industry experience at agencies including Grey, BBDO and Euro RSCG and he launched a technology start-up earlier in his career.
Brooks said: "The wind is most definitely at our backs. Clients are demanding new ways of working with their agencies. The opportunity to build a future-forward agency attached to one of the most iconic names in the history of our industry is thrilling."
M&C Saatchi first opened in New York in the 1990s to service its British Airways client.
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Marketing Coordinator, Events, London - £22k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £21000 - £22000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent Benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager Purple Consultancy £35000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Midweight Copywriter | Fashion/Luxury Brands | Central London Red Sofa London £25000 - £35000 per annum + dependant on experience, London
- Senior Account Manager Purple Consultancy £35000 - £400000 per annum, London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show