M&C Saatchi returns to New York
M&C Saatchi has hired Jeff Brooks from Euro RSCG New York to spearhead the revival of its New York office, which was folded into its Los Angeles office in 2008.
Brooks will take the role of chief executive at the end of February, reporting to Moray MacLennan, M&C Saatchi Worldwide chief executive
The agency is yet to find a client, but will be based in the same Park Avenue offices as M&C Saatchi group's existing New York outposts of M&C Saatchi Mobile, M&C Saatchi PR and brand consultancy Clear.
MacLennan said: "New York is the final strategic piece of the puzzle. M&C Saatchi's goal is to be in as few places as necessary, rather than as many as possible. Hiring someone of Jeff's calibre clearly indicates that we have significant plans for New York."
Brooks joins M&C Saatchi with more than 20 years' industry experience at agencies including Grey, BBDO and Euro RSCG and he launched a technology start-up earlier in his career.
Brooks said: "The wind is most definitely at our backs. Clients are demanding new ways of working with their agencies. The opportunity to build a future-forward agency attached to one of the most iconic names in the history of our industry is thrilling."
M&C Saatchi first opened in New York in the 1990s to service its British Airways client.
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Planner - Stunning Agency - Central London - to £65k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £65k, Central London
- Planner - Superb London Agency - to £55k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £55k + great benefits, W1
- Planner - Integrated Agency - Central London - c£50k + Fill Recruitment Ltd £50k +, Central London
- Account Manager - Dynamic London Agency - c£30k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£30k, Central London