Axa launches debut integrated campaign
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 01 February 2012 12:38PM
Axa, the insurance and pensions group, has launched a major marketing campaign as part of its strategy to highlight how the business differs to its UK competitors.
The campaign is Axa's first integrated campaign across all of its businesses, which includes health and motor insurance. Axa claims it its spending £20m on the campaign.
It is launching two TV ads, created by Fallon later this week (5 February).
The ads feature characters in fantasy situations to show their aspirations. Axa takes the characters back to the real world to demonstrate how the company makes aspirations a reality.
The ads introduce the strapline, "Where others ask why? Axa asks why not?" and will run until June, supported by print and outdoor activity.
Cheryl Toner, group marketing and communications director at Axa, said: "Our research clearly highlights the fact that our customers want something that the industry norm does not provide.
She said the campaign "brings to life" Axa's "Redefining Standards" positioning, which supports customers' needs and aspirations.
The company is planning a business-to-business campaign, using the same creative, for its wealth management business later this year.
Havas Media Group handled the media for the campaign.
At the end of last year, Axa dropped aging rock star Iggy Pop from its Swiftcover.com ads, replacing him with celebrity-voiced animated dogs.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Digital Account Manager - global luxury automobile brands Search Party 34-38k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Brand Seven Search and Selection £70,000, South East England
- Community Manager - Strategy & Insight 6 Month FTC Sky negotiable, London (West), London (Greater)
- Account Director - Integrated Experiential Agency - AMAZING BRAND Rocket Recruitment £40,000 - 50,000 , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Channel 4 and Magnum Mini partner for 'sweet' 9pm film sponsorship
- BBC to end exclusive Red Bee Media production deal
- Bloomberg appoints Matt Teeman as commercial director EMEA
- Samsung celebrates Prince George's birthday
- Virgin Holidays launches digital Caribbean push
- Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned for suggesting alcohol conquers boredom