Grand Union's Anna Watkins takes up MD role at Initiative
Initiative has boosted its senior team with the hiring of Anna Watkins, the group managing director at the digital shop Grand Union, as its managing director.
In her new role, Watkins will work closely with the chief executive, Alex Altman, to ensure that the media agency is providing key clients such as Tesco with a full range of services across all media.
Initiative has not had a managing director since Danny Donovan left to join MediaCom in May 2010.
Watkins, who joined Grand Union in 2005, was promoted from managing director of its branded content and social media unit, Hubbub, to chief executive of Grand Union Group in 2008.
After Fullsix Group bought Grand Union in 2010, Watkins became the managing director of Grand Union Group.
Before joining Hubbub, Watkins was the content director at TBWA between 2003 and 2005. And before that, she was the director of international sales and sponsorship at the Spanish media group Prisa. She started her career at M&C Saatchi in 1996.
Altman said: "Anna’s appointment is a sign of our ambitions as a business and our commitment to clients. It’s great to have someone who is digital through and through helping to influence the direction of the agency. It indicates a positive change for Initiative and, indeed, for the future of the industry."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Inhouse EMEA Marketing Director - Technology Media Recruitment £100k+, London (City of), London (Greater)
- Digital Account Manager / Project Manager ADLIB £24000 - £30000 per annum, Swindon
- POWERPOINT OPERATOR 35K LONDON Creative Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Account Director Major Players £42000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Product Sub Editor and Translator (German speaking) Major Players £25000 - £40000 per annum, London
- ASA receives 240 complaints about Sainsbury's Christmas ad
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran