ZenithOptimedia retains Superdrug media
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 02 February 2012 10:11AM
ZenithOptimedia has retained the combined £7 million UK media planning and buying account for Superdrug and The Perfume Shop.
Both high-street retailers are owned by AS Watson and their media accounts were part of a wider Benelux and UK media review that began in September last year.
Mindshare and Initiative also competed for the UK and Benelux businesses. The client is expected to make a
decision on the Belgian and Dutch appointments in the coming days.
ZenithOptimedia has looked after the UK AS Watson business for the past two decades. Superdrug spent £6 million on its advertising last year and The Perfume Shop spent £1 million, according to Nielsen.
In 2010, Superdrug held a review of its advertising account that resulted in the appointment of HMDG. Previously, its creative was handled in-house.
The creative review coincided with Superdrug ramping up its marketing activity. It launched the Superdrug Beauty Card to rival the Boots Advantage Card, as well as a major TV campaign featuring its brand ambassador, the actress Joanna Page.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Senior International Digital Account Manager - Music Accounts! Ultimate Asset £38000 - £45000 per annum + Great Benefits Package , City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager- Retail - up to £45k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40k-£45k plus bonus , London
- Senior Brand Manager - Consumer Health/FMCG Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£48K-£55K + Car Allowance + Bonus, West of London/Berks