ZenithOptimedia retains Superdrug media
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 02 February 2012 10:11AM
ZenithOptimedia has retained the combined £7 million UK media planning and buying account for Superdrug and The Perfume Shop.
Both high-street retailers are owned by AS Watson and their media accounts were part of a wider Benelux and UK media review that began in September last year.
Mindshare and Initiative also competed for the UK and Benelux businesses. The client is expected to make a
decision on the Belgian and Dutch appointments in the coming days.
ZenithOptimedia has looked after the UK AS Watson business for the past two decades. Superdrug spent £6 million on its advertising last year and The Perfume Shop spent £1 million, according to Nielsen.
In 2010, Superdrug held a review of its advertising account that resulted in the appointment of HMDG. Previously, its creative was handled in-house.
The creative review coincided with Superdrug ramping up its marketing activity. It launched the Superdrug Beauty Card to rival the Boots Advantage Card, as well as a major TV campaign featuring its brand ambassador, the actress Joanna Page.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, South East England
- Brand & Packaging Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + c/a, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South West England
- Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, South East England
- Digital Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne