ZenithOptimedia retains Superdrug media
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 02 February 2012 10:11AM
ZenithOptimedia has retained the combined £7 million UK media planning and buying account for Superdrug and The Perfume Shop.
Both high-street retailers are owned by AS Watson and their media accounts were part of a wider Benelux and UK media review that began in September last year.
Mindshare and Initiative also competed for the UK and Benelux businesses. The client is expected to make a
decision on the Belgian and Dutch appointments in the coming days.
ZenithOptimedia has looked after the UK AS Watson business for the past two decades. Superdrug spent £6 million on its advertising last year and The Perfume Shop spent £1 million, according to Nielsen.
In 2010, Superdrug held a review of its advertising account that resulted in the appointment of HMDG. Previously, its creative was handled in-house.
The creative review coincided with Superdrug ramping up its marketing activity. It launched the Superdrug Beauty Card to rival the Boots Advantage Card, as well as a major TV campaign featuring its brand ambassador, the actress Joanna Page.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Senior Social Account Manager - Leading Social Media Agency Digital Gurus £28000 - £41000 Per Annum Up to £40K + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Community Manager - Leading Retail Brand Digital Gurus £27000 - £33000 Per Annum Up to £33K + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Account Managers and Account Executives needed - Media Sales Ultimate Asset £20000 - £60000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, Camden, London (Greater)
- Creative Artworker become £33k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Virgin Holidays launches digital Caribbean push
- Bloomberg appoints Matt Teeman as commercial director EMEA
- Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned for suggesting alcohol conquers boredom
- Yahoo appoints Marc Bignell as head of trading for the EMEA region
- McCann picked to resurrect Homepride's Fred
- Samsung celebrates Prince George's birthday