Crayon nets Grant's global digital task
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 02 February 2012 10:50AM
Grant's, the William Grant & Sons-owned whisky brand, has appointed Crayon London to its global digital and social media account.
Crayon pitched against two social media-focused agencies after Grant's parted ways with its web-build agency.
The brand is looking to launch a digital push to challenge Johnnie Walker and Ballantine's, the market leaders in the standard blend Scotch whisky market.
Grant's, the third-largest brand in the market, wants to drive brand advocacy through digital platforms and social media to create "a committed community of Grant's fans".
Crayon's brief will cover the brand's current web presence at grantswhisky.com, Facebook and Twitter, and encompass the European, US and Latin American markets.
Diageo, which owns Johnnie Walker, has led the alcohol sector's adoption of social media via a multi-million-dollar advertising deal with Facebook in September last year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Marketing Executive Ball & Hoolahan £24,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director, maternity contract - high end creative for fashion, retail, luxury Story Recruitment £45-50k dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- What the end of Page 3 means for advertising
- Havas partners with Facebook's Atlas for multi-device ad targeting
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood