MediaCom promotes Peter Fyfe to head of social media
By Katherine Levy, mediaweek.co.uk, Friday, 03 February 2012 08:35AM
MediaCom has promoted Peter Fyfe to the newly created role of head of social media, as the agency's non-traditional marketing arm MediaCom Beyond Advertising (MBA) expands.
Fyfe, previously associate director, emerging platforms at MediaCom, will head up a team of 10 social media specialists within the 40-strong MBA team.
His team will focus on social media monitoring and consultancy, campaign activation and community management.
Fyfe, who has been heading up the emerging platforms and social media monitoring teams at MediaCom for the past two years, previously worked in MediaCom's investment team, starting as an account manager in 2006 and working his way up to associate director.
Prior to that he worked as a communications planner for PHD's Rocket between 2001 to 2006.
He will report into Nick Cohen, managing partner of MBA. Cohen said: "Pete has played a vital role in the development of our social media business over the past two years, not only growing the business but also helping provide our clients with best in class social media and emerging technology solutions."
MediaCom has also made additional new hires to the MBA team. Matt Gammie has been appointed as group head, SEO, joining from Quad where he was head of search.
Chris Fuller, sponsorship and content manager at Starcom Mediavest, has been hired as associate director, broadcast sponsorship and Becca Watts, sponsorship executive at Media 10 has been hired in the same role at MBA.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- DIGITAL ACCOUNT MANAGER / £35K + Benefits Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show