Goldstone to exit Premier Foods
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 03 February 2012 01:00PM
Troubled food company Premier Foods is parting company with group marketing director Jon Goldstone, who is leaving the owner of Mr Kipling and Hovis after a restructure of its marketing operations.
Goldstone is being replaced by Iwan Williams, managing director of Premier Food's bakery and grocery division.
Williams and Goldstone have been working closely developing Premier Food's Power Brands strategy, which involved the upping of its marketing spend to more than £50m in 2012.
It is thought that Williams will keep his managing director job title and will subsume Goldstone's marketing duties within his role.
During his tenure at Premier Foods, Goldstone was responsible for marketing campaigns including the Hovis "go on lad" campaign.
Goldstone will leave the company later this month. His exit comes amid a difficult time for Premier Foods, which is struggling to pay down a debt pile which stood at £1.27bn in November last year.
Goldstone's previous roles including marketing director at Hovis, between 2008 and 2011. Prior to that, he was marketing vice-president at PepsiCo-owned Walkers Snacks.
He has also worked as senior marketing manager at Campbell Soup company.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Field Manager - Experiential Agency - up to £34k Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £34k, west london
- Senior Account Director/Group Account Director Twist Recruitment £48000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + great benefits, City of London
- Digital Lead with Integrated Agency Gemini Search £60000 - £75000 per annum, City of London
- Product Manager - Global Automotive Giant - Berkshire Ninesharp £40000 - £50000 per annum + Great Benefits and Brand Car, Slough
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- TalkTalk to launch user-generated X Factor idents
- Celebrity Cruises opts for Goodstuff
- Watch Harvey Keitel's Wolf bark again in new Direct Line ads