Goldstone to exit Premier Foods
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 03 February 2012 01:00PM
Troubled food company Premier Foods is parting company with group marketing director Jon Goldstone, who is leaving the owner of Mr Kipling and Hovis after a restructure of its marketing operations.
Goldstone is being replaced by Iwan Williams, managing director of Premier Food's bakery and grocery division.
Williams and Goldstone have been working closely developing Premier Food's Power Brands strategy, which involved the upping of its marketing spend to more than £50m in 2012.
It is thought that Williams will keep his managing director job title and will subsume Goldstone's marketing duties within his role.
During his tenure at Premier Foods, Goldstone was responsible for marketing campaigns including the Hovis "go on lad" campaign.
Goldstone will leave the company later this month. His exit comes amid a difficult time for Premier Foods, which is struggling to pay down a debt pile which stood at £1.27bn in November last year.
Goldstone's previous roles including marketing director at Hovis, between 2008 and 2011. Prior to that, he was marketing vice-president at PepsiCo-owned Walkers Snacks.
He has also worked as senior marketing manager at Campbell Soup company.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- PR Account Director Brand Recruitment £50000 per annum, Cambridge
- Strategy Lead MCG Associates Attractive Tax Free Salary, New York (State) (US)
- Account Executive AF Selection £18,000 - £22,000, Warwickshire
- Senior Sales Executive- Fashion & Beauty Video Ultimate Asset £27000 - £35000 per annum + commission and benefits , City of London