Rugby's first interactive app launched for RBS 6 Nations
England rugby fans are being encouraged to participate in this year's 6 Nations Tournament with the launch of an interactive app called the RBS 6 Nations Live Challenge, which will be available for Saturday's opening game against Scotland.
Conceived by Synergy, Engine's sponsorship agency, and delivered by sibling agency Jam, the app promises to "revolutionise and enhance the live match experience".
Throughout the match, the app challenges fans to predict the result of penalties, conversions, five-metre scrums and line-outs, take part in opinion polls, and answer RBS 6 Nations rugby quiz questions.
It hopes to capitalise on the rise of dual screening and to further enhance the viewing experience of all rugby fans watching the RBS 6 Nations on TV.
The app also leverages the capabilities of Facebook Connect to enable friends and fans to interact with one another during the game, regardless of location.
Tim Crow, chief executive of Synergy, said: "Integrating social engagement with scale and credibility is fundamental to the success of sponsorship in the social media era and this is exactly what the RBS 6 Nations Live Challenge aims to deliver.
"It's also testament to the unique fusion of capabilities that, together, Synergy and Jam can deliver for sponsors."
The free app can is available on iPad, iPhone, Android, as well as Facebook and can be downloaded from www.rbs6nationslivechallenge.com from today (3 February).
All rugby fans can play along at any point during the RBS 6 Nations championship, starting with the first matches tomorrow.
The RBS 6 Nations Live Challenge app follows the success of Heineken's Star Player football created by AKQA last year for Uefa's Champion League finals.
Follow Arif Durrani on Twitter @DurraniMix
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Account Manager - B2B and B2C integrated and digital comms JEFFERSON £30,000 - 40,000 plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- CREATIVE MANAGER 35-45k London Creative Recruitment Ã‚£35000 - Ã‚£45000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Account Manager - Mobile Loyalty Digital Gurus £25000 - £37000 Per Annum, London
- UI Designer - Unrestricted Creative, Prototyping and Innovation ADLIB Upto £25k DOE, Bristol
- Senior Account Manager / Account Director - Luxury Property Gemini Search Ã‚£35000 - Ã‚£45000 per annum, City of London
- 7Up kicks off global campaign with urban knitting ad
- Sainsbury's calls £60 million media review
- Brands use social media to congratulate F1 champion Lewis Hamilton
- VisitBritain crowdsources digital marketing campaign
- Zurich launches snowmen cinema campaign across Europe
- Cheil Worldwide buys Iris stake