Rugby's first interactive app launched for RBS 6 Nations
England rugby fans are being encouraged to participate in this year's 6 Nations Tournament with the launch of an interactive app called the RBS 6 Nations Live Challenge, which will be available for Saturday's opening game against Scotland.
Conceived by Synergy, Engine's sponsorship agency, and delivered by sibling agency Jam, the app promises to "revolutionise and enhance the live match experience".
Throughout the match, the app challenges fans to predict the result of penalties, conversions, five-metre scrums and line-outs, take part in opinion polls, and answer RBS 6 Nations rugby quiz questions.
It hopes to capitalise on the rise of dual screening and to further enhance the viewing experience of all rugby fans watching the RBS 6 Nations on TV.
The app also leverages the capabilities of Facebook Connect to enable friends and fans to interact with one another during the game, regardless of location.
Tim Crow, chief executive of Synergy, said: "Integrating social engagement with scale and credibility is fundamental to the success of sponsorship in the social media era and this is exactly what the RBS 6 Nations Live Challenge aims to deliver.
"It's also testament to the unique fusion of capabilities that, together, Synergy and Jam can deliver for sponsors."
The free app can is available on iPad, iPhone, Android, as well as Facebook and can be downloaded from www.rbs6nationslivechallenge.com from today (3 February).
All rugby fans can play along at any point during the RBS 6 Nations championship, starting with the first matches tomorrow.
The RBS 6 Nations Live Challenge app follows the success of Heineken's Star Player football created by AKQA last year for Uefa's Champion League finals.
Follow Arif Durrani on Twitter @DurraniMix
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Business Development Manager - Data Direct Recruitment £75k, London (Greater)
- Head of Customer and Digital Transformation Spotlight Recruitment £80000 - £90000 per annum + 30% bonus and great benefits, London
- Senior Digital Creative/Designer Pitch Consultants £35000 - £55000 per annum + benefits, Leicestershire
- Junior Account Director, Retail, Manchester Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, Manchester